Recoil Buffers

I'm new to full auto world, so please excuse my ignorance, but I was wondering wether or not

you could use one of the modern recoil buffers (such as the ones from Buffer Technology or Black Jack Buffers) in a 1928, instead of the one designed for the gun.

I have no experience with the BT buffer in a Thampson. I use one in my Chinese M22 (AK47) and it works well. The OE fiber disc buffer in the '28 is quite hard while the urethane BT buffers are a good deal softer.

In my opinion, I don't think it would hinder the operation of the gun or damage it but it might not hold up to the pounding as well as the original.

Bob D

I have some polyurethane buffers that work great. I've been using them in my WH 1928 for about a year now. Almost as hard as the originals. But they last longer. If you need some, let me know. I've got to get them posted on my website. Been too busy these days to work on it much.

I gotta a buffer for a 1928 I can get rid of. Have any switch keys http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif -adlake