Do you shoot corrosive ammo?

maxfaxdude

Wow.. that's cheap. Had to pick some up for that price.Thanks.

Cleaning is essential when coming home. Be sure to clean the receiver since the corrosive material get everywhere other than just the barrel.

My father was a WWII Marine Gunnery Sergeant, and whenever we went hunting or shooting the first thing we did upon arriving home was to clean our weapons ... And they had to pass Marine standards of cleanliness or you did it again. (Plus endured the accompanying lecture) Having a spic and span weapon has become second nature to me. I've shot a lot of corrosive .303, .45 ACP, 8MM, 7.62x39, 7.62x25, plus black powder cartridges in my antique Winchesters and Colt's ... I've never had an issue with corrosion in any weapon. I fear hang fires in old military surplus more than I do corrosion.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. I have acquired a lot of Rom 8mm for the 1919, WW2 45 from Russian, 303, x39, 54R, and 5.45 to name a few.

To each his own. I'm a Marine and have use ammo from other countries when deployed and learned to clean the weapons with the right stuff.

Today, I use Windex with ammonia, WW2 bore cleaner, or hot water with soap to neutralize the acids. Never had an issue.

After many rounds down the 1919 barrel, it still checks out good.

I have friends that do not, just like some of the folks above.