Numrich Leo And Export 50 Rd Drums

I brought this up in another post so pardon my redundant redundancy. Numrich has had these WH L durms, marked 'For Law Enforcement and Export Only" listed for 275.00 since the AWB ended. These appear to be the same qualitiy as the earlier WH drums. No one has seem to take much interest in them. They definitely aren't Kahr drums. I've got one but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but looks pretty much like the drum that came with my 80's model WH 28. Anyone else have one?

Roland,

I have one that I purchased prior to the AWB expiring and have only fired it a few times without any problems. The finish and quality seemed much better than the first drum and the replacement I received from Kahr during the group buy. The 2nd replacement drum from Kahr had a similar finish and performed flawlessly like the LEO drum. I do recall some fitting of the LEO drum on it's rails to get it to fit on 28's while it was snug on 21's. Hopes this helps.

Chuck

I got one few months ago, seems to be on par with the NIB WH pre ban I purchased a couple of years ago. Same drum, just stamped LEO/EXPORT on the back. Proof to my children of how foolish politicians can be. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I bought one off of Gunbroker for $210 for my Krap '27. The drum would not fit onto the receiver. There were 2 places were the guides in the drum were tight and would bind the cartridges. One arm of the rotor would rub and catch on the feed lips. After fixing all of this it still wouldn't function.

However they do seem to be built a little better than the current drums. The LEO drum took an impact into the nearest tree with only slight damage.....(I swear it slipped out of my hands...after the 15th jam)

I've been considering the purchase of another 50 rd. drum, and I really don't want to buy a Kahr drum after hearing all of the negative reviews about them on this board.

I presently have a West Hurley drum that I bought in 1994. ( before the Clinton freedom ban )

I have never had a problem with the one that I have, so I'm probably going to buy another W.H. drum.

I have a semi, so I can't say that you won't have any problems using them in a full auto. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Though I've yet to shoot mine, I can say it was a struggle to get it into the frame and is the tightest fitting drum I've seen. You wonder how someone can produce a product with a consistent problem without someone saying, "hey,, maybe we should fix this." After enough wiggling mine does fit now.