WTB: Tommy Gun Parts

See New Updated Post. This post is done.

Hi All,

I am looking to buy some Tommy Gun Parts for a Colt 1921 Tribute Tommy Gun that I am making. See list below:

1. Lyman Sight
2. Cutts Compensator Front Sight and Pin
3. Slide Stock Assembly - Prefer Savage or NOS
4. Colt Nickel Oiler - Original Dull Nickel Finish Only for 1921 Thompson - NO WWII Brass Oilers
5. Thompson Spare Parts Kit - Prefer Original, but will consider Gordon Herigstad Reproduction
6. FBI Hard Case - No Reproductions / Prefer Authentic Or Close To Authentic
7. 1921 Colt Thompson Wood (Original Only / No Reproductions - All three pieces Pistol, Front Grip, and Butt Stock

If the item has a strike through it indicates I no longer need it. If anyone has these parts, please PM and let me know what you have so we can discuss price. I am open as I really want to get these parts collected so I can get the gun made. I know the market is drying up and I have been searching everywhere. I am in no rush, but I am trying to get as far as I can. I will only pay by Credit Card. Please if you are going to send me a pm, please respond back if not then do not bother. I am only interested in parts in the list ONLY. Thank you in advance.

Edited by mbc230

• 1 month later...

Curious what you mean by "making", and "Tribute".

Could you elaborate?

Thanks

If you can even find them for sale, the total cost of the parts you've listed would approach the cost of a lower end complete Colt.

If you do manage to locate everything, I hope you will post photos of the completed project.

Best wishes for your success.

Edited by mnshooter

Curious what you mean by "making", and "Tribute".

Could you elaborate?

Thanks

If you can even find them for sale, the total cost of the parts you've listed would approach the cost of a lower end complete Colt.

If you do manage to locate everything, I hope you will post photos of the completed project.

Best wishes for your success.

Hello....I will be making a Semi Auto Version of the Colt 1921AC Full Auto Version as I already have a Full Auto Colt 1921AC. I want this one to be my shooter, but the Semi Auto Version will not nearly be as much. I think this is a fun project and I enjoy the search for the parts. The outside will look exactly like a Colt, but the inside will not be. This is going to take me sometime to get this finished, but when it is completed I will gladly post pictures and I might even do progress updates, but right now I am in parts searching mode and you are correct it is tough trying to find the parts. I will hopefully find them soon. Thank you for the best wishes and it is much appreciated.

Sounds like a very expensive venture for a semi. There are other ways to go to make a semi ‘21 without using original 1921 Colt components. Good luck with it.

Sounds like a very expensive venture for a semi. There are other ways to go to make a semi ‘21 without using original 1921 Colt components. Good luck with it.

It is not too bad, but it is something I have wanted to do and the Colt stuff I am wanting to buy is for my Colt 1921AC that I do own. The other Savage or NOS stuff would be for the Semi Tribute Gun. Thank you.

Edited by mbc230

Again, best wishes; but, I would find it much easier to just rotate that front lever to the rear.

I am not following you. What exactly do you mean? Thank you.

Again, best wishes; but, I would find it much easier to just rotate that front lever to the rear.

That was a well intentioned friendly elbow nudge.

If you already own a 21 Colt, and want a semi, why not just shoot that in semi?

Semi pretty well removes the chance of a squib problem, if the shooter is alert.

Of course, you'd switch out the moving parts for GI, particularly the actuator.

See Tom's excellent book for more information on this.

https://www.amazon.com/Amateurs-Guide-Colts-Thompson-Submachine/dp/1794453814

No offense to those doing drum dumps with their Colts.

Edited by mnshooter

Semi pretty well removes the chance of a squib problem, if the shooter is alert.

I completely understand and I went "DUH" to myself that I should have known that. I appreciate your tips. I am honestly not really wanting to shoot the Colt 21AC at all that as the risk is too great. I do not want to take it apart at all and have to spend the money on parts. I really just want the Nickel Oiler and all new old stock wood for it, but I am patient and can wait. I really want to use the tribute gun as my everyday shooter and maybe I will use it for a while and then move up to a 1928 West Hurley Full Auto, but now I am just not in a place where I can do that right now. I do have Tom's book :D and it is really invaluable as well as you contributors that have responded and helped me along the way. I really do appreciate it. Thank you.

Edited by mbc230
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I completely understand and I went "DUH" to myself that I should have known that. I appreciate your tips. I am honestly not really wanting to shoot the Colt 21AC at all that as the risk is too great. I do not want to take it apart at all and have to spend the money on parts. I really just want the Nickel Oiler and all new old stock wood for it, but I am patient and can wait. I really want to use the tribute gun as my everyday shooter and maybe I will use it for a while and then move up to a 1928 West Hurley Full Auto, but now I am just not in a place where I can do that right now. I do have Tom's book :D and it is really invaluable as well as you contributors that have responded and helped me along the way. I really do appreciate it. Thank you.

Having a colt and not shooting it because you want to save it for the next guy, is like being married and not having sex because you want to save her for the next guy. Something like that. Heard that on the boards here awhile ago.

Having a colt and not shooting it because you want to save it for the next guy, is like being married and not having sex because you want to save her for the next guy. Something like that. Heard that on the boards here awhile ago.

That is really funny, but it is not about the shooting it part. I am trying to get replacement wood as the wood on my Colt has been sanded by the previous past owner at some point in it's life.

Edited by mbc230

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...