New To Reising M50

jhm

Shot my Reising M50 this morning at the range for the first time and I am glad to say it shot like a true "BULLET HOSE". I shot right at 300rds out of 10 differant mags. 4 were 20rd mags and 6 were 30rd Christy mags. All shot 100%. I shot at some paper and shot some steel witch was a hoot. It was cool, cool, cool! :D I will post more the next time with video.....

jhm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shot my Reising M50 this morning at the range for the first time and I am glad to say it shot like a true "BULLET HOSE". I shot right at 300rds out of 10 differant mags. 4 were 20rd mags and 6 were 30rd Christy mags. All shot 100%. I shot at some paper and shot some steel witch was a hoot. It was cool, cool, cool! :D I will post more the next time with video.....

jhm

jhm,

Sounds like a successful and fun morning! Congratulations! We will enjoy seeing the video when you post it.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

JHM

yes glad you had a great time, testing out those mags? I bought a cheap repro one and it does not function. I will save it for a dummy build someone else is building

Thanks to you and your internal parts pictures I was able to get my rebuilt M-60 up and running(semi-auto). I also had the same results you've had, I have a few 20 rd mags that are extras's so I will be selling some of those, to repay my thanks let me know if you are looking for more 20 rd mags

send me a PM

sprat

dalbert,

Thanks, I plan on videoing the next time out with it. And I hope it goes the same as that day did. Think I'm going this Sun. again. Boy did it get dirty. Looking foward to it!

sprat,

Thank you, Glad to hear your are up and running with your M60. :D I sent PM.... Thanks

I like only the 4 line 20rd mags my self, just saying!

jhm

• 2 weeks later...
Well, took my M50 out to a friens house Fri. evening and ran 1 20rd mag and had trouble all the way through the mag full. Got it home looked at it this morning and the firing pin was broke. So I put a christy replacement new one in it. I was glad because it was dark so we could not tell what could be worng at the time. Now going out tomorrow morning to test it! I should do ok now.

post-51466-1299991831_thumb.jpg

Fired 80rds this morning with new "Christy" firing pin installed shot 100%. I also put another stock on it to keep the stock it came with in the shape it's in. The replacement stock is cool its like a military stock.

Fired 80rds this morning with new "Christy" firing pin installed shot 100%. I also put another stock on it to keep the stock it came with in the shape it's in. The replacement stock is cool its like a military stock.

Congrats. on it running great.

As for the stock, I did the same thing, It's good to keep the Orig. stock in the best condition possible.

Your photo of the broken firing pin looks exactly like my broken one, that's the major weak point.

Pete A.

glad you had the firing pins and got her going again, since I am running semi I have yet to break a pin and I have extra's ,but i think I will order a couple Christy pins just to have

oh I have a spare stock for my M-60 also, mags are on the way

sprat

Edited by sprat

Thanks, sprat and GUNGUY45. You know, I was going to change the firing pin out to save the old one after I shot it a little bit. But never made it that far. I have shot 390rds so far. I love this weapon so far. Of course it's my first SMG. I have waited over 4mo. so far for transfer from individual to my class 3 dealer, for another M50 Reising. Looking forward to it. I do have patients.....and you have to have that with NFA stuff!

here's a pic of the replacement stock

post-51466-1300064168_thumb.jpg

yep looks like a two screw trigger guard and a small screw for retaining the reciever and sling swivels on the bottom, seems in nice shape

good luck with it I am running with the same style stock only the swivels are on the side

sprat

Edited by sprat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, just wanted to say, I'm headed to my class 3 dealer Fri. or Mon. to see my Reising M50 just shiped in to him, ready for me to do the paperwork and start waiting for the "stamp" to come back! I'm glad to be able to put my hands on it. anyway.....will post some pics soon.

jhm

• 5 weeks later...

few more pics

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx99/jmh50acp/DSCN0241.jpg

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx99/jmh50acp/DSCN0239.jpg

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx99/jmh50acp/DSCN0228.jpg

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx99/jmh50acp/DSCN0234.jpg

jhm,

The bluing looks really nice on that Reising. It has a 29-finned barrel, and a 7000 range serial number. Good times!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

This is another one, ser.# 11xx. I am waiting on the tax stamp for it , it's at my Class 3 dealer. This is the 2nd Reising, Early in this post is pics of my first Reising M50 with ser.# 70xx.

I bought the ser.#11xx sight unseen. Called a dealer in Georgia I seen off Subguns.com, asked him to explained the condition of 2 differant Reising's to me, one Military (parked) and one civilian (blued) model. I like blued guns so I took the civilian one. I was "real real happy" when it came in (waited 6mo. for transfer to my class 3) and it looked as good as it did. I love the fact that the ser,# was as low as it was. I was so inpressed how my first one felt and shoot that I wanted to get another one. For what submachine guns can cost $$, I thought they are a deal. After tearing down and learning my first one. I like them even more now.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have a old Thompson M1A1, and a H&K MP5. $$$

jhm

jhm

jhm,

I've owned 2 MP-5's for almost 23 years now. (They were a lot cheaper in 1988) I usually shoot 30 rounds out of one of them each August. They're fun, and for some, they're the holy grail, but right now I enjoy shooting my Reising and my West Hurley M1 more than the MP-5's. So, my suggestion is to keep shooting the Reisings, and come to the annual meeting of The American Thompson Association in Ohio, and I'll let you shoot the MP-5's as much as you want during the free shoot. Nowadays, I usually get more of a kick watching other people shoot them than shooting them myself.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Nowadays, I usually get more of a kick watching other people shoot them than shooting them myself.

:nono: :slap: :cop: :P

Now , that's just sooooooo wrong on so many levels . You may need help , my man.

Chris

jhm

jhm,

I've owned 2 MP-5's for almost 23 years now. (They were a lot cheaper in 1988) I usually shoot 30 rounds out of one of them each August. They're fun, and for some, they're the holy grail, but right now I enjoy shooting my Reising and my West Hurley M1 more than the MP-5's. So, my suggestion is to keep shooting the Reisings, and come to the annual meeting of The American Thompson Association in Ohio, and I'll let you shoot the MP-5's as much as you want during the free shoot. Nowadays, I usually get more of a kick watching other people shoot them than shooting them myself.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

dalbert,

Thanks for the invite. That sounds awsome, would love to shoot one of those MP-5's and the West Hurley M1! I have been to a few machinegun shoots and always pay to shoot the Thompson. I did see at one of the MGShoots a MP-5 with a spiderman paint job. I'm going to look into the annual meeting of The American Thompson Association in Ohio and check it out. mjh

Nowadays, I usually get more of a kick watching other people shoot them than shooting them myself.

:nono: :slap: :cop: :P

Now , that's just sooooooo wrong on so many levels . You may need help , my man.

Chris

Chris,

I'm probably beyond help at this point... :ph34r:

I still love to shoot my MG's. I just don't get the chance, or don't make the chance to shoot them very often. I shot them a lot more often during the first 10 years of ownership. Letting other folks shoot them is always fun...There's nothing quite like seeing the smile on someone's face after they shoot a new MG.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I can see where your coming from . I really enjoyed taking the scouts out and watching them. Never - the- less , taking the BAR out two weeks later for myself was "more" fun. About the only thing where it's more fun to watch others than to shoot it myself is the 60 MM mortar. I love to see the heads shoot up and follow the bomb more than doing it myself . I can , by watching them , look out to mark the landing for later recovery just as it hits. I feel this point of view would change if I had more than inert dummies to shoot , though.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

JHM,

Sorry to be so long in answering your last inquiry about Reising records, but life interferes. What I was attempting to say, is that the records for manufacturing dates for Reisings no longer exist unless Batfe has them. I was lucky enough to get the exact date from H&R when they were still in business, but Remington took all the Reising records when they tool over, and the records for the Reisings were then lost by them through negligence or fire. So they are unavailable from them.

I also think the stock was changed as some others have suggested, as I have the 2 screw trigger guard and the flush mounted stock pin. i don't think they changed the stocks that quickly if mine, which was made in Dec. 41, and yours later in Dec. 41 was made that month also.

I hope by the time you get this things are chattering away. I have had no problems with mine since the spring changes I mentioned, and replacing the broken firing pin. Good luck..

Bounty1....no problem. I know how it goes. I agree that it is not the stock it came with because I have seen one with the ser.# just in front of mine and one just after my ser.# and they both have small take down screw. And 2 screw trigger guard. I have changed out all the springs and it runs like a sewing machine. .45ACP just sounds awsome in full auto. I think the other one I'm waiting on when it gets here I'm going to put a new firing pin and new set of springs and of course give it a good scrubbing. In the mean time I just got a tax stamp for my SBR AR-15 9mm RRA very cool little rifle. Going to shoot it at the end this week I hope. Thanks for the info....up date!

mjh

• 8 years later...

Just got back from range and filling out transfer paper on my Reising m50. I would appreciate any information on my Reising as the ser number is 203x. And also has a sticker on the stock that reads San Patricio County 0675.

Any history on this Reising would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Charles