The "official" Sportsman's Guide Drum Thread

Just called SG and nice lady told me the shipment date has been delayed until 4/14/06

doesn't everybody here have at least one or two drum's already for the thompson? i've never seen one really wear out. and the few dealer's i've seen with them at the last few show's priced between $500.00 and $600.00. took them home with them... is the sport's guide price really great?

or was it just a com/on to get people into the club......and did they ever really deliver any drum's at all to anybody??since i have not followed up too much on all this hysteria of drum buying.

you know when the real s.h.t.f. happen's.you won't be really grabin the thompson.something a little more with a long reach will be better.ask those in newer orlean's about that, wink!

however in cuba it might come in handy. take care,ron

Your right Ron, but I think the price is what attracted people plus they were supposed to be "NEW." $359 is a bargain when I know people have paid over 1000 for a 98% Bridgeport WW2 Drum.

Just a thought.

QUOTE (John Jr @ Mar 1 2006, 02:03 PM)
Your right Ron, but I think the price is what attracted people plus they were supposed to be "NEW." $359 is a bargain when I know people have paid over $1000 for a 98% Bridgeport WW2 Drum.

Just a thought.

ah yes $359.00 is a really great price..i hope they come through for everybody....and not say later they are here but we had a price increase to $450.00 or more.because of air shipping or gun broker or custom's problem.. we have all seen this happen before in the market place. and i'm one of those guy's also who paid $1,000.00 or more for a drum,some colt no numbered and numbered drum's..

those days are over on that for sure..

good luck folk's with the sport's guy's..maybe they will break the mold and make everybody happy.. take care,ron

QUOTE (colt21a @ Mar 1 2006, 01:51 PM)
doesn't everybody here have at least one or two drum's already for the thompson? i've never seen one really wear out. and the few dealer's i've seen with them at the last few show's priced between $500.00 and $600.00. took them home with them... is the sport's guide price really great?

Hmmmm... What shows? I am so friggin deprived.....

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Mar 1 2006, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (colt21a @ Mar 1 2006, 01:51 PM)

Hmmmm... What shows? I am so friggin deprived.....

big daddy i am deprived also> i only have one drum...and it doe's not work.however i do have a bunch of hundred and two hundred rd ammo device's for the saw m249,the s.h.t.f.gun..and even three barrel's..

however in the "thompson world"you know whatever a person may have.it's never e-nuff!

we have to keep the wheel's rollin.........

take care,ron