Not sure on the IMA barrels but I've emailed and discussed barrels a little with Thompsonbarrels.com and I would recommend him as you probably wouldn't need to worry about improper headspacing with cheaper barrels. And it's not that much more than IMA. Email Thompsonbarrels.com if you have any questions.

Andrew

In IMA's description of the barrel .... "May not be compatible with new production West Hurley or Kahr Arms Thompson Machine guns" ... Just saying.

I don't know about IMA's quality either as I have a Green Mountain barrel. But... IMA's "may not be compatible" statement is probably due to sometime in the last 5+ years Kahr has changed the thread size or pitch on their newly produced barrels and receivers thus rendering any barrel made to original specs not compatible. I don't know where the cut off for that change is but my gun is a 2011 and is still original thread spec.

I just bought a 10.5 from IMA and I also have have Green Mtn 14.5 barrel. They both spun on my West Hurley Receiver with no problems. However, the IMA barrel lacked a good blueing IMHO. My Green Mtn barrel came to me in the white and had it blued, it then matched the receiver almost perfectly. And the other negative I have with the IMA is the barrel lans weren't cut deep at all. Pretty shallow if you ask me. But they say they are Military spec....

Edited by Elbow