Ingram M6 Magazines

it was bought already-- for me.....im going to honor my request to this person and send him $415 shipped for it...he knew i was looking and bought it for me....i dont think its a bad deal, maybe not great either.....but its something i feel i need to help make my gun better and ive tossed $150 a mag for this gun.....i can buy a whole lower for $400, so i should be happy

if i find a complete parts kit someday i can resell it......

in the future the guy may find something else i want and its good to keep him happy...he did me a favor and bought it for me....the NFA community is full of nice guys like this...helping each other!

thanks for your opinion Dave...the pics of the stock look REAL good....barely a mark on it....fits the butt plate perfect(not like mine)....

ill probably refinish all the wood to match

is there an ID # behind the butt plate on a M6? if so does it match anything on the gun?

i may have questions on how to remove the wood once i see it.....i may get it all refinished while its in jail like i did with my Thompson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pivot plate is actually correct for the gun...its the military version....so from what i can tell from these pics the lower/stock are correct....

worth $415 to me seeing as i have no other spare parts other than the recoil springs

parts will never be easier to find

notice how the buttstock back plate fits perfectly....mine isnt like that...its crooked and has a shelf where it was sanded to hell

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/m6%201_zpswhrfivtf.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/m6%204_zpszembghlv.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/m6%202_zpscz9zeb3k.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/m6%203_zps7te7fyl2.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/m6%205_zps6jgd9ylh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i think that time has passed....i held one in my hand last week...it was missing the part that held the spring to the bottom plate...he refused to sell it until he fixes it....it was painful to hand it back knowing i would likely not see it again and it will just sit in a collection collecting dust from someone who doesnt own a M6.....but i know the old timers, you cant argue or talk them into a different way of thinking....if they say they wont sell it now you have to just accept it.

ive checked monthly for this stuff....Deerslayer told me a couple of weeks ago that he can make Thompson mags work...i suggest you contact him....i grabbed 8 from Century when they were available....id still like 4 more....ive contacted century, they dont know anything.....i found out the guys name from century who had them at the last gun show(reportedly he still had some when he left)...got his email....no reply..

i think your stuck looking for the rest of your life...maybe finding 1 or 2 if you search weekly and get lucky as im sure there are dozens of people like you and me who are also looking.....

Edited by huggytree

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the "link" to Century Arms! I bought two new NOS Magazines and I know "how" to make Thompson Magazines into Ingram M6 Magazines, and they are not hard to do either.

I personally love the Ingram M5's, and, Dave and I have chatted in the past when he first started this sub-category for Ingram M6's.

OK...on stocks, get in contact with Dan Block in Illinois on replacement stocks. I sent him one of my Ingram M6's and he made two stocks for me to include both the vertical and the horizontal stock, which is similar to the Military versions. Dan has a web site and he is famous for his Thompson and 1918 BAR Replacement Stocks. He does great work!!! A little known fact about the Ingrams is that if you take them apart from the stock, then you will find that Gordon Ingram's original design was that the trigger mechanism used the internals of the stock to brace and work. Dan Block knows this! He has a web site that is called "danblockstocks.com", I think. Do a Google Search and he will not be hard to find.

Good luck on Ingram M6 Kits! I have been close to buying two of them and have failed. Not to worry because the M6 is a tube gun and is built like a TANK.

If you "sweet talk" Troy Edhlund of BarrelXChange, he will build you a M6 Drum, but you have to supply a mag and a Suomi Drum. Works great in my Ingram M6's. OK, if you need some after market mags or information, just email me at "lonniejt@hotmail.com".

Oh yes, if you live near Goldsboro, NC, then please give Scott Andrey a "holler" from ME! He also has an Ingram M6 and always planned to manufacture spare parts for it. Scott is a great guy and I always enjoyed my visit with him and hope to get back there one day. He is one of the "good guys"! Please contact me if you need any help on the M6. With the advent of 3D machining, I would never be afraid of buying any MG that does not have spares readily available. Just a thought! Lonnie Joe

Sorry! PPSH Drum! And, it is a total re-work to change out the 7.62 X 25 "channels" to accommodate the 45 ACP round. I will try to post some pics later on. Troy normally has Grease Gun and Reising Drums for sale. I have tried to get him to make some STEn Drums, but he will not mess with anything less than the 45 cartridge on these drums.

• 2 months later...

Update on M-6 Magazines. This spring at Knob Creek, 2018, I went to Century Arms tent to buy some more M-6 magazines. They told me that Northridge International had bought all of their inventory of M-6 magazines.

Update on M-6 Magazines. This spring at Knob Creek, 2018, I went to Century Arms tent to buy some more M-6 magazines. They told me that Northridge International had bought all of their inventory of M-6 magazines.

Northridge is selling the mags on Gunbroker for $ 195.00 each starting bid. New in wrap. M17ap

I just bought 4 more 10 days ago from century. $129 each shipped

Arrived at my house 2 days ago. Guess I lucked out.

I found out how fragile they are when my wife dropped one at subgun comp. it smashed the feedlips completely just falling out of a back pocket. I think I have 18 now. Glad I got most for $129-149

I just bought 4 more 10 days ago from century. $129 each shipped

Arrived at my house 2 days ago. Guess I lucked out.

I found out how fragile they are when my wife dropped one at subgun comp. it smashed the feedlips completely just falling out of a back pocket. I think I have 18 now. Glad I got most for $129-149

Does anyone make a mandrel to repair bent feed lips?

at the sub match they had to take the bottom off the mag as the top was sooo smashed to get the ammo out...they bent them back REALLY nice....but i now have some jams...appears to be double feeds, so i bent one of the lips over just a tiny bit....looking at all 8 mags i shoot with they are all over the map....these were not flawlessly made mags....every one would measure out differently....only had one out of the wrapper that wouldnt work......and the bottom plate fell right off a few times...spilling 30 rounds on the floor....had to pound it with a hammer a couple of times to get the bottom to stay on....

checked out my latest batch from century a few mins ago....flawless....once these are gone it will suck to deactivate a new one....paying $2k for 10 mags

i was attempting to sell these M6 mags for $200 on GB a while back....sold 2 of them and no more...i had a deal with century to buy 40+ of them for $100 each shipped.....if i could double my money and sell a couple a month id be thrilled....i played with their website adding as many mags as i could and i determined they had around 250 of them...this was a while back when they started reselling them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...