Grip Mount Misfit

I just got a replacement 1/2", GI grip mount from Sarco. I tried it on a Phil.Or. dummy receiver and the mount was too big for the receiver slot. Were there different designs within the 1/2" mounts? Could I have gotten a later WH?

If I recall correctly, when PK placed a Savage gripmount into my WH28, the receiver needed some modification for it to fit; too tight. Could be PO cut the slot a tad too small. Nothing a competent smith cannot fix.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif My WH M1 had a 3/4" mount & PK mount a 1/2" Savage in my gun. I think the only difference is that WH milled out the wood forearm to install the bigger gripmount (the WH one in my gun broke, I think they were a rivited type). Hope this helps.

Thanks guys; it does look like a minor fix. I really bought the mount to replace the 3/4" in my semi. I was just trying it out on the dummy first. Who knows, maybe it will fit the Kahr just fine.

While it is true that I find some receivers with out of print slots for the grip mount, I also see lots of surplus GI gripmounts that have been staked to make them a tighter fit in a maximum receiver. Give the mounting flanges on your gripmount a good looking over your