Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:02 AM

Got mine yesterday, Love it!  

#22 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 3313 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:17 PM

Just returned home from the NRA Convention. The American Thompson Association has a great display. Our booth has been very crowded both days. My voice is completely gone! I will return tomorrow to assist with the tear down. The Convention is open for NRA members on Sunday from 10:00am to 5:00pm. It is well worth attending if you are in the area. 

I appreciate the great comments about my book. It means a lot to me. I also want to thank those that have left positive comments with Amazon. Your Customer Reviews are very important. 

I just noticed that Amazon.com is running a special on my book for $32.03 plus free shipping if a Prime member. I do not know how long this will last. When my author copies arrive, I will discount my book at the OGCA Display Show and at two Thompson shows. However, I cannot match this special Amazon price. If you are interested in obtaining a copy, this is a really good deal. I will be glad to personalize the book later. 

Again, thank you for your support. I look forward to seeing many of you in the upcoming weeks.

#23 ron_brock

ron_brock

Respected Member

• 1926 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

Thanks Tom,

Ordered!

Ron

#24 Autorotate

Autorotate

• Board Benefactor
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Shooting and collecting military firearms
    Flying

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up Tom! Ordered one today...

#25 m1a1bert

m1a1bert

• Regular Group
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:38 PM

Hello I have one of the many Colt Thompson's 1921AC's that came from the St. Louis PD back in 2017 will they be covered in the book?

Thanks M1A1Bert

#26 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 3313 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:03 PM

Hi m1a1bert,

The complete STL PD Police Department Colt's story is told - 34 pages. Your serial number will be listed and pictured along with the a copy of the IRS Form 1. I truly believe you will enjoy the story. 

#27 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2265 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

Ordered my copy as soon as I got back from the NRA convention. At the convention, a lot of people asked about what happened to the St Louis guns. I said "turn around - there are two of them". It surprised me how many people knew at least a little bit of info about them, and I passed the book info on to them. 

TD - you have a hit on your hands!

#28 m1a1bert

m1a1bert

• Regular Group
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

Thanks TD will order mine now!

Thanks for your help!

M1A1Bert

#29 mnshooter

mnshooter

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 2053 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

To those who jumped on that bargain price -Congratulations!

That price seems to be unavailable now.

Edited by mnshooter, 02 May 2019 - 08:29 AM.

#30 hntrdarren

hntrdarren

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:My family
    Collecting Colt Thompsons & Rare NFA Firearms
    Mountain Hunting
    Wildlife Habitat Improvement
    Gamekeeper

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:44 PM

This book is fantastic. Many thanks and congratulations to Tom on his new book. Great section on the St. Louis 1927’s .... You know I love those 1927’s!!!

#31 johnnj

johnnj

• Board Donor
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Auto Repair. Firearm Collecting And Target Shooting. Reading And Learning About NFA weapons.

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:46 PM

Just ordered mine. Cant wait to receive it!!

#32 aut-ord-co

aut-ord-co

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:18 AM

Tom,

Congratulations on the new book!  A much needed resource for anyone collecting Colt Thompsons.

A great read!

#33 firearm

firearm

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:53 AM

What a great book!  It's a well written reference manual for 1st time buyer as well as a good refresher for seasoned collector.  Easy to forget all of the little things to look for if you have been out of the "lane of traffic" for a while.  I think it will tend to bring new buyers to the market place as they understand how they may be able to own a Thompson as well as will give them some basic knowledge of what to look for in a correct weapon.  I consider Tracie's and Gordon's books the "bibles" of the Thompson world, but this book fills a void that has been left in the market place.  It is what I consider to be a quick "check list" for correctness.  Just picked off a second book to give to my son in law.  Nice job Tom.   

#34 rpbcps

rpbcps

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

Sounds like a good read, I note it is also available on Amazon.co.uk , not going to get it personalised that way though.

Stay safe

Richard

#35 Gio

Gio

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Guns
    Harley Motorcycles

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:35 AM

Tom,

Ordered your new book when I got back from Indy. Recieved on Wednesday and finished reading this AM. found it a good read with valuable information and great pictures. 

I would recommend for any Thompson collector.

Thanks for your hard work.

Frank

#36 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 3313 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

I appreciate the kind words about my new book. And the 5 star reviews on Amazon.com! If you like the book and have not done a review, I ask that you consider doing this. Good reviews really help on niche type books. Unfortunately, the great price offered by Amazon for a short time has been changed. Of course, I will be glad to personalize your book at the upcoming Ohio Gun Collectors Association (OGCA) show next Saturday or at the All Thompson Show & Shoot or TCA Show & Shoot later this year. I will have copies of my book at all these shows at special prices. 

Again, thank you for your support. 

#37 Chip

Chip

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:47 AM

Mine came yesterday and I spent all afternoon going through it. (When I should have been working) The information and photo's are great. Very high quality and much info I did not know. The colored arrow annotations are very nice. Thanks Tom, excellent job.

#38 Gio

Gio

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Guns
    Harley Motorcycles

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

Tom,

I tried to leave a review on Amazon for your book. It wouldn't let me said I wasn't qualified as I'm not a prime member and bought the book on sale.

This may be the case with a lot of buyers.

Sorry

Frank

#39 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1061 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

Though I've no plans to buy a Colt Thompson, I do thank you for the time and effort put into preparing this book.  Such a work is bound to be a great aid to all prospective buyers.

#40 CaribRadDoc

CaribRadDoc

• Regular Group
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Jiu-Jitsui

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

Mr Davis,

Just submitted a 5 Star review on Amazon. IMHO, I would classify your work as a reference text, and not just a "book." Really well done! Great pics. And to top it off I don't even own a Colt Thompson, or variant......yet!

Thanks again, for  clear &  concise work.

CaribRadDoc