Tca Or Tata? Tca Or Tata? Tca Or Tata?

Hey all!

I'm wracking my brain here (OW!!!) wondering what everyone else is gonna do about this dilemma. I figured someone would have posted something aloing these lines sooner but I only noticed a couple posts regarding the topic a couple weeks ago and since then, nothing. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

I personally cannot find the time to actively belong to two organizations (although I certainly could do that, but time doesn't permit me to indulge in all the shoots and meetings...too little vacation time available for all that). SO, I have to look at this realistically. I'd like to belong to whichever organization most of the friends I (we) have met over the last couple years, but I don't know what everyone else is thinking......

Anyone given this a bit of thought? I like the format of the get-togethers at Tracies place but I like the TCA also. I'm currently still a member of the TCA but that expires in June. I guess it might help if I had an idea where the TCA will get together this Summer but I've herad nothing more from Carol Troy on that, so I'm kinda in limbo....

Please let me know! Ya gonna stick with the TCA or give your time and energy to TATA (OR MAYBE both??)

And if you don't feel like putting your preferences down here for all to see, send me an e-mail.

john

The TCA will meet in MD or VA (Memphis is a third possibility) -- Pat & Dana Wheeler and I are working on the Maryland location just now and we hope to have an answer from the folks who run the range by the first part of March. If MD falls thru, we have a backup plan in either VA or Memphis available. I expect that we'll be able to give the TCA BOD all the information necessary to announce the location for the TCA show & shoot by the middle of March.

Rather than say too much and get folks hopes up for a particular place, I ask for patience while we get answers and information.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

John -

My $.02 worth of advice... stay in both! They don't require tons of time, and they are both on my favorite subject!

I have to agree with Mike, I would support both. The folks that I have met over the years have been just super nice. I really hated to see this break-up and would not like to see half of this croud that are usually at a show. I might not be able to attend both shows, but the newsletter and info provided by both clubs is priceless. This is our best forum for the Thompson hobby. Just my .02

I would be interested to know when the shoots will be scheduled.

I have to admit Tracie's shoot is a bit trouble-some to make each year due to being a busy time of year for me and it seems there have been other activities going on that make finding rooms together difficult as well.

I would like to see a "special" shoot done in Vegas. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/woot.gif my wife may actually attend as well.

I'm now officially a member of both though I have not been shown the TATA secret handshake yet. I really only see an upside to being a member of both; twice the newletters, twice the shoots, twice the hats and T-shirts! Besides a little competition can be a good thing.