New Zealand - Turn in “military style” semi auto guns by September?

You guys have to turn in your semi autos by September? What about your full autos and cannons etc? Is this load of bullshit in this article true? I know the media has a way of spreading false news, so Id rather hear it from you gun owners in New Zealand. True? Not true? Comply? Dont comply? I sure hope this isnt true. Very sad if so.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/04/10/world/asia/new-zealand-guns-jacinda-ardern.amp.html

Edited by michaelkih

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You probably have seen the news about the process starting down there. You should also read the bio on Ardern in Wikipedia, where it shows she was trained as a communist since childhood. It's all as sad as it is around the world, with mass confiscations occurring in Canada this year with losses of over 10000. There are mass confiscations of multi thousands all over the US almost all the time too.

• 1 year later...

My NZ friends tell me that if you did not turn in your military style semi the authorities would eventually visit your home to get them. One particular gent had a group of 3 or 4 armed men come and ask for two of his guns. One was all decked out like a swat guy, except he was overweight and under-trained. Anyhow, the guns were collected based on the registration having been revoked.

The irony here is that this same kiwi owns a legally registered MG and he was allowed to keep it. Still has it.

My NZ friends tell me that if you did not turn in your military style semi the authorities would eventually visit your home to get them. One particular gent had a group of 3 or 4 armed men come and ask for two of his guns. One was all decked out like a swat guy, except he was overweight and under-trained. Anyhow, the guns were collected based on the registration having been revoked. The irony here is that this same kiwi owns a legally registered MG and he was allowed to keep it. Still has it.

What the hell?!