M6 Ingram bolts - 2 types ?

Have pics of 2 Ingram bolts. One on bottom or left is from a gun serial 17xx, the one on top or right is unknown serial range. You can see the differences. My question is are they interchangeable even though different or are they dedicated to use

In specific early or late gun. I think early or commercial guns had selector for full and semi ? Later or military guns had 2 stage trigger - short pull for semi and long pull for auto. Would like any info concerning bolts. Thanks for any replies !post-258460-0-54723900-1504416303_thumb.jpegpost-258460-0-99595600-1504416321_thumb.jpegpost-258460-0-30582200-1504416354_thumb.jpegpost-258460-0-61774300-1504416374_thumb.jpegpost-258460-0-92360400-1504416401_thumb.jpeg

An early bolt was made with two parts: the body, or carrier, of the bolt: the "bolt" itself, with the extractor and boltface recess, which was a separate piece that fitted into an axial hole in the carrier and was pinned in place. I've had several M6s in the shop for reactivation with two piece bolts with serials under #1200. I don't know when the manufacture made a shift or if the bolts in early guns were one piece and later were two piece. Two piece would be easier to manufacture.

Early guns had the same fire control system as later examples in my experience.

The two phase, single trigger fire control design is the most elegant and simple selectfire system ever manufactured, in my opinion.

FWIW

i knew i read it somewhere on line about the electropencil serial #'s....curious if yours is a later serial # or early? mine is in the 13xx range

just makes the gun more of a handmade garage gun...they couldnt even stamp the serial # in their nicely...funny

low 1300's. Lot's of guns have parts electro-penciled since this is normally done at assembly after everything has been test fit and fired. Mosin's, Enfields, etc. Stamping requires fixturing and substantial time to do unless it's on a rolling production line with indexable stamping dies. These guns were very low production with few survivors due to unlucky market timing.......like many other firearms, never commercially successful.

i think they were the perfect prison gun...simple, light, small....and can do everything a Thompson can do other than being slightly worse at crushing skulls......toss it in the corner of your guard tower

the safety that just rolls around and doesnt stay in place i think is its biggest flaw....if i were a policeman carrying one i would keep the bolt closed when walking around with it...