Saw Cut Receiver

I think it should have been cut with a torch displacing at least 1/4 inch material at the cuts per ATF rules ". A proper method of destroying this firearm is to cut the receiver into separate pieces as follows. All cutting must be done with a cutting torch having a tip of sufficient size to displace at least 1/4 inch of material at each location. Cutting by means of a bandsaw or cut-off wheel does not ensure destruction."

I would run like the wind from this one.

I think it should have been cut with a torch displacing at least 1/4 inch material at the cuts per ATF rules ". A proper method of destroying this firearm is to cut the receiver into separate pieces as follows. All cutting must be done with a cutting torch having a tip of sufficient size to displace at least 1/4 inch of material at each location. Cutting by means of a bandsaw or cut-off wheel does not ensure destruction."

I would run like the wind from this one.

I might depend on when it was cut. Back in the day they could bandsaw cut receivers but at some point the ATF said torch cut and remove 1/4" so you can't duct tape it back together.

This item has been offered before. It has not been making the reserve.

I've bought from this seller. He's the very soul of honesty and intregrity.

Edited by TSMGguy

I think it would be ok to buy. The risk was most likely taken just to get it in the country. I've seen items from the seller and he seems like a good guy.

The receiver clearly has the european deactivation stamp on the center portion of the receiver so I would have to guess the seller has a connection over there who will cut the receiver and ship. At one point there was a seller in Poland selling the same guns and said he would ship to the US as long as he cut the receiver.

My .02.

TC

I got it one piece at a time,

and I never crossed over the line,

until the atf came into my town.

They said I couldn't own every piece,

unless I had a police release,

and a manufacturer's license paper too...

Sing it Johnny,

Whoa folks. Just because it complied with demil requirements when it was cut doesn't mean it's OK to have today. Fact is those standards have changed, and the reason they have changed is because these saw cuts were too easy to superglue together. If you buy a kit like this, and ATF finds reason to make trouble for you, they are going to say this is a machinegun EVEN if it complied with a past version of the demil requirements. That's because the law is clear: the frame of a machinegun is a machinegun, and a collection of parts that can be assembled to make a machinegun is a machinegun.

Sing it Johnny,

mnshooter, you make me smile....I'd like to hear the whole version with your updated lyrics. I only thought of the first line. Maybe we could sing it at the nest tata show..

Sing it Johnny,

mnshooter, you make me smile....I'd like to hear the whole version with your updated lyrics. I only thought of the first line. Maybe we could sing it at the nest tata show..

Thanks,

Just made those up, inspired by your suggestion. I'll have to get some more verses. I really want to attend that event.

Well , if the kit was imported into this country on a certain date and was done cut as BATF wanted it , it's a done deal , is it not ? I have never heard of them requiring the cuts be updated on the old imports , just the ones current to that law . This kit was sold , BTW , and it was in the US .

Chris

This is a european de-activated tommy. Over there, they don't have to cut the upper receiver, but they do demill the bolt, barrel, and several other parts. I'v seen european dealers trying to sell them on GB, looks like they succeeded. I guess they didn't tell the excited buyer they also cut the receiver if it sells to the USA.

Well , one , the pictures show it's already cut , so I don't see where that's a problem unless you believe the pics are from the future , and two , it is in Eugene , OR . , which I don't think is a part of Europe last I looked. Are you saying you have knowlege that this IS in Europe right now and will be shipped here now , or are you just saying that at one time it WAS in Europe ? This info can completely change the legality of the piece.

Chris

Well , one , the pictures show it's already cut , so I don't see where that's a problem unless you believe the pics are from the future , and two , it is in Eugene , OR . , which I don't think is a part of Europe last I looked. Are you saying you have knowledge that this IS in Europe right now and will be shipped here now , or are you just saying that at one time it WAS in Europe ? This info can completely change the legality of the piece.

Chris

Obviously you have never been to Eugene.. :rolleyes:

Ummmm.....no I haven't been. :huh: . Sounds like a story there. What's up ? Wait a sec....maybe I don't wanna know :unsure: .

Chris

Eugene is the illegitimate love child of Seattle and San Fran....

MN Shooter;

If you still want one, here's another chance: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem....?Item=227806163

I posted some of these ads when saw-cut receivers were first becoming commonly available (roughly Aug 2009 – 2010) and inquired about their legality in the U.S. The universal verdict on this board at that time was "Run Forrest, run. Possibly legal, probably not, definitely risky.”

I also sent one of the ads to a pair of lawyers who specialize in US gun laws. Although they admitted they didn't research the proposition thoroughly, their first impression was that it was probably a bad idea. They recommended getting a copy of the seller's letter from the ATF stating that it was legal to sell/own in it's current state of deactivation. Absent said letter, let the buyer beware.

I guess it boils down to “How badly do you want it and what are you willing to risk to get it?”

~ likes his wife's cooking too much to switch to prison food

MN Shooter;

~ likes his wife's cooking too much to switch to prison food

Hmmm..... Prison food? May be an fair alternative to my wife's cooking.... :ph34r: