Remington Police Line

In the past couple of years, I've managed to acquire several examples of the Remington Special Police line of weapons (Models 81, 11, 31, 17, etc.) from the mid-century.

What I haven't been able to come across is copies of any factory literature or sales catalogs regarding this limited line of Remington products, or the precursor weapons offered by the Police Officer's Equipment Company of St. Jo Missouri. There are a couple of excerpts on the Remington 8 forum, but limited.

If anyone has original literature for sale (or would be willing to make some copies) I'd be very interested.

(I'm more focused on the details of the weapons as they were offered and marketed and not so much the collectable nature of the literature.)

Thanks for any help--

I have a vintage Remington Model 8 manual, but it doesn't have what you're looking for. I thought I had an 81 manual, but I couldn't find it. I probably do have it somewhere. I don't recall seeing any Special Police features, though.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Thanks David, I appreciate you looking.

The Special Police line had its own supplemental literature as they were not for sale to the general public-- only law enforcement agencies. As you probably know, the Police 8 was an aftermarket conversion offered by the Police Officers Equipment Co. with Remington taking it over on the 81.

• 2 weeks later...

Sir,

I have an original 20 page Remington “Peace Officers’ Equipment Catalog”. It has descriptions of all “Special Police” variants, including the Model 11 and 31 shotguns, and of course, the Model 81. I believe it is from 1940. I’ve never seen another one, so I suspect it is relatively uncommon. I have an 81 Special Police as well. I could send you a couple pics if you still need them.