Reising 20rd Magazine Spring

wcwarren

I have a 20rd HR Reising Magazine that when loaded and used only feeds about 5 rounds and stops. The gun doesn't jam but the next round don't sit high enought for the bolt to chamber them. If you tap of the magazine the round will sometimes lift up and feed. Would it be a good assumption that the magazine spring is the problem and need to be replaced?

Either that or the follower is bent. Pull down one your mags that works and compare the angles of the legs on the front and rear of the follower to those on the good one, especially the front leg (been there, done that.) If the angle is off it can cause the follower to drag and even jam. It's more likely to happen if the spring is weak but fix the follower first. DO NOT damage the follower. There are no replacements available anywhere that I have looked, and I have looked.

Springs are available from Keystone: https://keystonearms.com/product/reising-20rd-magazine-spring/

Could also be a dent in the body or crud inside catching / hanging up the spring / follower .

I have or had spring & follower sets at one time . May still have . Did have an ad here . Age has fogged up my memory badly . Let me know if I can help .

Chris