Just About To Purchase My First. Some Questions

I have found a NIB Auto Ord not a Kahr. It comes with nine 32 round military mags, in cosmo, 2 WH "L" drums, and 2 "bagcraft L 1944" marked pouches, as well as the box and "violin" case, Could anyone here tell me what a fair price for all of this would be?

Thanks in advance

Todd

AR10Er:

Welcome!

My uneducated bid would be $1635. Offer 'em $1000 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

The asking price is $2000.00. I have searched this site upside and down and it looks like a good price, but I would like some input from some RKI first. Should I try to talk him down, and if so, how much?

QUOTE (The1930sRust @ Oct 8 2003, 08:21 PM)
AR10Er:

Welcome!

My uneducated bid would be $1635. Offer 'em $1000 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Thanks The1930sRust! I do not know if I could get him to come down that far, but I will take a shot at it.

The 50 round drums look like they have never been used, and looking around here, they run around $500.00 and up each. Am I correct it this assessment?

Todd:

I am not too familiar with the AO semis (others here are--come on guys!), but NIB may equal WNF (read 'will not fire'). The semis are sometime notorious for feeding issues, etc. Make sure to read through the FAQ too. It may take you several hundred dollars and a good smith to get the gun to function 100%. My price was arrived at by just a quick addition of all the parts you listed. There is some fluctuation, however.

Yes, I have read about the WNF in these forums, but I thought about selling one of the "L" drums to correct that, if that turned out to be an issue.

From my personal use, the WH 1927's ran just fine. I've had many(5+) of the 1927 model. Ask if you can run a clip or two through it. Also, if the clips are original military ones,look and see if the hole in the back of the clip is round or egg shaped. If round, stop, trade them for the egg shaped one. Don't dremel the hole out for the semi gun. Sorry but it's one of my little pet peeve things. If the gun has the mag catch changed, it will use the FA(full auto) mags. If not, only the SA mags will work. Also look at the serial number on the gun. Then look at this web page at the bottom of this and it will tell you what year the gun was made. The WH "L" drums are ok, and can work good.Alot of them will work real good in a SA gun but jam in a FA gun. The drums will work in either without any mods being done. Price on a WH "L" drum will run around $500-$650. If it has the original box and papers you could get more to the right person(not me) but $500 is a fair price. the gun it's self will run $650-$900, if it is NIB unfired, $900, I wouldn't give more than that. The XXX or 30 round mags(not 32) will run, if NIB about 20-25 each. So his asking price of 2k is about right with what he has. Try to get him down a few hundred if you can't fire it or ask for a 3-7 day return if it doesn't work right. The semi is a fun plinking gun. I really pissed of several guys with FA AK47's and another foreign gun at the 100yrd range poppin' pumpkins. They never hit a one! I hit all 3 with 3 shots. Man were they pissed. Hell one guy even tossed his AK on the table and said,"this piece of crap, I want one of those!"

Well that's my opinion of a WH 1927A1 Deluxe gun. And after having a few of them, I had to go and buy the next FA Thompson I could find.You will too. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, Welcome to the board. Here the page with the serial numbers.

WH Thompson Serial Numbers both FA & SA Guns

Thanks Fullauto. It is new, so I do not think he will let me test fire it. What do you think of my idea of selling an "L" drum to make it run, if I need too? I looked around this site, and have seen where people have paid up to 300.00 to make one run.

Welcome AR10ER, I paid $735.00 a few years back for my Kahr 1927. I've had very few problems with it (luck I guess). The rear sight came loose after 90 rounds (used Locktite for that). Also, I had trouble putting the upper and lower back together, after the first cleaning. The tolerance was a little tight with the safety selector switch (had that milled down by the gunsmith at the store I purchased it from-for nothing). It has worked fine since. I can't own FA in N.Y. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif I may move to a FA friendly state soon. Good luck! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif Regards, Walter

I fueled the my purchase of a 1927 that came with a drum by selling the drum (then I just had to go and buy more drums later....).

Lets see, the drum cases I think sell around $100 each, the magazines are worth at least $20 each, thats almost $400 there. Then you have two $500 (at least) drums... thats now $1,400, and a $100 case thus you have a $500 gun. All in all, I'd say its a reasonably good deal, not a jaw dropping great deal,but if you've got the money, it will save a little poking around trying to find stuff you may want to get anyway in the long run.

If you search old posts and like to mess around with guns, you can probably get rid of any "bugs" yourself. Once I polished all my internals up, my 1927 works great. If you can't work on guns and it doesn't work, send it to PK.

My rear sight dropped off after about 3000 rounds.

I may have echo'd what some others said here, but I figured you wanted a couple opinions.

Dan

get the gun first and see how it runs before you sell off any drums. It may just run perfect if it is a older WH. Or see what it does and ask questions on here and you may be able to fix it yourself. Let us know what you do. All in all, it's a good deal at 2k. Go for it.