• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 michaelkih

michaelkih

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:31 AM

Tor, you make a sell a semi auto version of the Mkb42H?!  Wow!  I'd love one of those.  I luckily could afford a real MP44, but i can't afford a real Mkb42h.  Any idea when they will be sold for the US market?

Yes we make a semi MKB42H, and we are currently working on making a closed bolt model for the USA marked. The prices are not ready yet.

Keep us here updated.  I want one.  I may actually get a real one one day as well, but a semi auto would be cool to anyways.  Good job!  

#42 michaelkih

michaelkih

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:33 AM

id take a semi MP44 if the price was reasonable..any idea where they might end up?

the FG42 semi made by others is kinda crazy....i cant believe germany produced them for anywhere near that price range in todays dollars....id grab one of those also if it was $2500 vs the $5,000 they get

i bought a couple of the stock bushings.....parts like that are gold if you want to tighten up a stock

I think the original FG42s were really expensive to make actually.  

Either way, tor, your prices are more than fair for rare low production number guns.  Good job, and keep them coming!

#43 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2001 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Guns, Work

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:16 AM

i cant believe germany paid $5,000 in todays dollars for every fg42.....when stens were $5-10(1940's dollars) and other guns were well under a $100 each

i could pay $2500 for a semi, but if the prices were $5,000 for a mp44 i would rather buy a FA of something else....or 5x my budget and get a real one for $25k

but i have no doubt they sold for $5k and will sell for $5k again.....i know there is a line for the FG42's at $5,000.....ive spent $3K on a few HK pistols.....so i understand foolish spending as much as the next guy for a semi auto

#44 ron_brock

ron_brock

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1663 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:59 AM

The issue is scale of production. Your $5k subgun you would buy today was a mass produced item. The semi auto small batch production. Very labor, machine time and capital expensive. How much will a full auto FG42 set you back today? Point taken as I think I know where you are coming from on this, but likely. $2500 few off custom gun is not a money making scheme even at $5k liklely nobody is buying an island somewhere.

Similar comparison to OOW BAR production. I often find that people who dont make stuff are critical of how much people who do make stuff charge for their products.

Notice how nobody has bought Dougs Thompson businesses yet? Its a labor of love not a get rich quick scheme.

Ron

#45 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2001 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

i will agree with you ron....you cant compare a small shop making a few MP44's to a mass production line making 300,000 of them....i could see where the price would be double+

$5,000 is a bridge too far for me for a semi auto.......i would rather save up and spend $25,000 for the real deal

maybe some day they will mass produce them like the ati pistol mp40's i see for sale for $450 on GB

#46 Annihilator

Annihilator

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:40 PM

I had one of his first Model FG42, he made a small batch of 3 weapons in select fire for export and i was the lucky owner of one of them. They went for 5.500 here i think he made a total of 150 and Ron is right when he says this is not a get rich quick scheme

#47 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3702 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:26 PM

Original FG-42 can start at 100 grand. I was the guy who got the deal done on the MP-44 mags back when and sold 500 of them to Jerry so he could move out his 44's with mags.They finally did 200 guns just like the 100 MP-38's I.O. brought in and sold in over two years. with no mags. they put used originals in the box for shipping. The guy in Texas does the FG-42 for over 5,500.00 great gun. I don't have the time or energy to go into past deals with all of them. But it was a fun trip and sometimes frustrating.

Waiting on parts and things. Hopefully the new SSD project once approved will get the Plane off the ground. And it is for the love of it .it is not some big money making thing, Not for the time and effort and bucks to get started. If it was so lucrative ten or twenty companies would be doing it.

And many who did in beginning dropped out.I still have many of the names and contacts on file. and when I got back to many they said sorry no interest anymore, They moved on.Hope for the best on this deal. Colt 21a Ron

#48 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2280 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

Don't know why the ATF had a problem with the BD-38. The demo videos I've seen show that it fires from a closed bolt.

#49 tor

tor

• Regular Group
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:uk and us guns ww2

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:53 AM

Don't know why the ATF had a problem with the BD-38. The demo videos I've seen show that it fires from a closed bolt.

They did manage to get a part of an original MP38 inside it, so there tought  was that it was to easy to convert it to FA

#50 tor

tor

• Regular Group
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

5 ATF samples on the way now, magazines will arrive in a few weeks. More parts arrived today. T

#51 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2001 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:50 PM

Others be aware that DK Productions group Mp40 bushings are not to 1940 spec...the bushing fits the round part of the lower, but the 2 tabs that it fits into are not spaced the same...the part looks very similar, but is not a drop in mp40 bushing....im keeping them for spares as things can be ground down or welded to fix if parts are impossible to find in the future, but the part is not a drop in mp40 part.....it could be made to work, but it would probably be easier to take an original and weld more metal onto it than to tweak these

it was NOT advertised under their Mp40 parts....so i am not upset...just want to share the knowledge...it looks the same, fits in the round hole, just wont fit the 2 tabs on the lower to fully fit into it

http://www.dkproduct...nector-bushing/

Edited by huggytree, 23 May 2018 - 12:53 PM.

#52 tor

tor

• Regular Group
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:41 PM

Others be aware that DK Productions group Mp40 bushings are not to 1940 spec...the bushing fits the round part of the lower, but the 2 tabs that it fits into are not spaced the same...the part looks very similar, but is not a drop in mp40 bushing....im keeping them for spares as things can be ground down or welded to fix if parts are impossible to find in the future, but the part is not a drop in mp40 part.....it could be made to work, but it would probably be easier to take an original and weld more metal onto it than to tweak these

it was NOT advertised under their Mp40 parts....so i am not upset...just want to share the knowledge...it looks the same, fits in the round hole, just wont fit the 2 tabs on the lower to fully fit into it

http://www.dkproduct...nector-bushing/

Hi sorry that it did not fit. we have newer made any MP40 parts, our BD38 and parts is a replicka of MP38. some of the parts on the BD38 is different than the MP38 or it woud not be legal. Most of the parts do fit the MP38 and some will fit the MP40, the same is for the BD44 and the MP44. 

#53 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2001 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

no anger here...i was ''hoping'' it would fit....looks exactly the same....from a pic at least....you may want to consider a disclaimer that it isnt a mp40 bushing that its not a spare part for a ww2 gun....maybe its just me who thought i may get lucky....you may get some returns over it...for me? ill keep my 2 parts....maybe someone will need a bushing and can work it into a functional mp40 bushing...the round diameter of it is perfect....the slots for the stock arent that far off either...its just the 2 tabs that fit into the lower that are off 1/4"+....they could be filed to fit....but then that would add another place for it to be loose which is the problem people are trying to solve to begin with....

no big deal...just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention that your parts are not interchangeable with ww2 guns...your selling mags that you say are though correct?

#54 tor

tor

• Regular Group
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

no anger here...i was ''hoping'' it would fit....looks exactly the same....from a pic at least....you may want to consider a disclaimer that it isnt a mp40 bushing that its not a spare part for a ww2 gun....maybe its just me who thought i may get lucky....you may get some returns over it...for me? ill keep my 2 parts....maybe someone will need a bushing and can work it into a functional mp40 bushing...the round diameter of it is perfect....the slots for the stock arent that far off either...its just the 2 tabs that fit into the lower that are off 1/4"+....they could be filed to fit....but then that would add another place for it to be loose which is the problem people are trying to solve to begin with....

no big deal...just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention that your parts are not interchangeable with ww2 guns...your selling mags that you say are though correct?

Many of the parts do fit in the original modells, like BD38/MP38 and BD42G/FG42G . I have sendt lots of parts to guys with originals that missed parts, and most parts fitted perfectly, .  I sell BD parts not WW2 parts, only a few original parts. All new parts are marked BD 38,44,42 , not MP38,44, 42. magazines works perfect in originals, I have delivered magazines for FG42, MP44, MP38 and MP35 s. Sorry for my bad writing, English is not my main language. 

Edited by tor, 23 May 2018 - 08:54 PM.

#55 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2001 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

you can see in the pics the tabs that fit into the lower are larger and in different places...the diameter of the part itself is exact...i believe the MP38 bushing is the same as a mp40.....im curious why this part was changed so it wont work in a mp40? its odd to change a part and lose the ''spare parts'' market on a desirable part to original mp40s

26gTU3g.jpg

hg8BvdQ.jpg

#56 Petroleum 1

Petroleum 1

• Board Benefactor
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

Huggy is correct...I bought one and the new bushing does not fit at all in the ww2 mp40. I bought a few bushings from someone on ebay in Latvia and they were a perfect match to the original MP40 part. I think a disclaimer should noted on the JK site.

#57 tor

tor

• Regular Group
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

I sendt a email to Germany on the bushing. The answer say s that the MP38 and MP40 bushing are different, and a late MP40 {44 production} bushing is also different from a early MP40 bushing. This might explaine why they dont fit?

Edited by tor, 28 May 2018 - 08:35 AM.

#58 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2001 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:34 AM

got an email response from Alex from Holland...my expert on MP40 parts/stuff

says the mp38-mp40 bushing changed very slightly and a mp38 would fit a mp40

so your statement about the mp38 is false...your company changed it, the mp38 did not...

it is not expected that your new gun and its parts are 100% made the same as an original 1938....i dont think your saying that...other should know its a gun thats similar, but is not an exact replica....its been changed for some reason...if 1 part is changed maybe other parts are too....

i would not be the first one to buy one of your mags....i will wait to see if other buy and their experience....if you changed 1 thing on the bushing maybe you changed 1 part on the mag...it may look the same, but not be

#59 RogerD

RogerD

• Regular Group
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

I returned from Paris last week and happened to stop by the French military museum next to Napoleons tomb while there.  The place is huge.  Their WWI and WWII exhibits are quite large.  Weapons, equipment, uniforms, etc., in pristine condition.  I saw 3 maybe 4 FG's in various displays.  Outstanding weapons collection.