Anybody see any MP38's for sale?

Others be aware that DK Productions group Mp40 bushings are not to 1940 spec...the bushing fits the round part of the lower, but the 2 tabs that it fits into are not spaced the same...the part looks very similar, but is not a drop in mp40 bushing....im keeping them for spares as things can be ground down or welded to fix if parts are impossible to find in the future, but the part is not a drop in mp40 part.....it could be made to work, but it would probably be easier to take an original and weld more metal onto it than to tweak these

it was NOT advertised under their Mp40 parts....so i am not upset...just want to share the knowledge...it looks the same, fits in the round hole, just wont fit the 2 tabs on the lower to fully fit into it

http://www.dkproductiongroup.com/product/bd38-butt-stock-connector-bushing/

Edited by huggytree

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Others be aware that DK Productions group Mp40 bushings are not to 1940 spec...the bushing fits the round part of the lower, but the 2 tabs that it fits into are not spaced the same...the part looks very similar, but is not a drop in mp40 bushing....im keeping them for spares as things can be ground down or welded to fix if parts are impossible to find in the future, but the part is not a drop in mp40 part.....it could be made to work, but it would probably be easier to take an original and weld more metal onto it than to tweak these

it was NOT advertised under their Mp40 parts....so i am not upset...just want to share the knowledge...it looks the same, fits in the round hole, just wont fit the 2 tabs on the lower to fully fit into it

http://www.dkproductiongroup.com/product/bd38-butt-stock-connector-bushing/

Hi sorry that it did not fit. we have newer made any MP40 parts, our BD38 and parts is a replicka of MP38. some of the parts on the BD38 is different than the MP38 or it woud not be legal. Most of the parts do fit the MP38 and some will fit the MP40, the same is for the BD44 and the MP44.

no anger here...i was ''hoping'' it would fit....looks exactly the same....from a pic at least....you may want to consider a disclaimer that it isnt a mp40 bushing that its not a spare part for a ww2 gun....maybe its just me who thought i may get lucky....you may get some returns over it...for me? ill keep my 2 parts....maybe someone will need a bushing and can work it into a functional mp40 bushing...the round diameter of it is perfect....the slots for the stock arent that far off either...its just the 2 tabs that fit into the lower that are off 1/4"+....they could be filed to fit....but then that would add another place for it to be loose which is the problem people are trying to solve to begin with....

no big deal...just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention that your parts are not interchangeable with ww2 guns...your selling mags that you say are though correct?

no anger here...i was ''hoping'' it would fit....looks exactly the same....from a pic at least....you may want to consider a disclaimer that it isnt a mp40 bushing that its not a spare part for a ww2 gun....maybe its just me who thought i may get lucky....you may get some returns over it...for me? ill keep my 2 parts....maybe someone will need a bushing and can work it into a functional mp40 bushing...the round diameter of it is perfect....the slots for the stock arent that far off either...its just the 2 tabs that fit into the lower that are off 1/4"+....they could be filed to fit....but then that would add another place for it to be loose which is the problem people are trying to solve to begin with....

no big deal...just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention that your parts are not interchangeable with ww2 guns...your selling mags that you say are though correct?

Many of the parts do fit in the original modells, like BD38/MP38 and BD42G/FG42G . I have sendt lots of parts to guys with originals that missed parts, and most parts fitted perfectly, . I sell BD parts not WW2 parts, only a few original parts. All new parts are marked BD 38,44,42 , not MP38,44, 42. magazines works perfect in originals, I have delivered magazines for FG42, MP44, MP38 and MP35 s. Sorry for my bad writing, English is not my main language.

Edited by tor

you can see in the pics the tabs that fit into the lower are larger and in different places...the diameter of the part itself is exact...i believe the MP38 bushing is the same as a mp40.....im curious why this part was changed so it wont work in a mp40? its odd to change a part and lose the ''spare parts'' market on a desirable part to original mp40s

26gTU3g.jpg

hg8BvdQ.jpg

Huggy is correct...I bought one and the new bushing does not fit at all in the ww2 mp40. I bought a few bushings from someone on ebay in Latvia and they were a perfect match to the original MP40 part. I think a disclaimer should noted on the JK site.

I sendt a email to Germany on the bushing. The answer say s that the MP38 and MP40 bushing are different, and a late MP40 {44 production} bushing is also different from a early MP40 bushing. This might explaine why they dont fit?

Edited by tor

got an email response from Alex from Holland...my expert on MP40 parts/stuff

says the mp38-mp40 bushing changed very slightly and a mp38 would fit a mp40

so your statement about the mp38 is false...your company changed it, the mp38 did not...

it is not expected that your new gun and its parts are 100% made the same as an original 1938....i dont think your saying that...other should know its a gun thats similar, but is not an exact replica....its been changed for some reason...if 1 part is changed maybe other parts are too....

i would not be the first one to buy one of your mags....i will wait to see if other buy and their experience....if you changed 1 thing on the bushing maybe you changed 1 part on the mag...it may look the same, but not be

I returned from Paris last week and happened to stop by the French military museum next to Napoleons tomb while there. The place is huge. Their WWI and WWII exhibits are quite large. Weapons, equipment, uniforms, etc., in pristine condition. I saw 3 maybe 4 FG's in various displays. Outstanding weapons collection.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a good friend who owns a large machine shop with 3 or 4 cnc machines. Provide me with the exact dimensions and a detailed drawing and I can ask him about it. Edited by RogerD

I found a Mp38 speedloader last week. I already auctioned it yesterday. Ones you found a Mp38, you'll have a hard time finding an original speedloader and magazine without M.P.38 u 40 marks. Buy stuff when you see it :)

Best regards Tommy

Us1945@hotmail.com

Edited by US1945