I Got The Semi Blues

I`ve reworked the semi mag catch to accept SMG magazines and at this point a drum will empty as fast as i can pull the trigger. ...one magazine works semi good but the others will fire once and jam.

In the past it has helped to rest the magazines on a surface ..so I have it set up that I really have to hit the bottom of the mags hard in order for the mag catch to hold the magazine.. so the mags are really tight and as far as they will go.

IT`s been back at the factory once and no improvement. Without the drum I would really hate this POS http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

You guys think maybe a SMG mag catch would help?? Are there any available?

I~ve massaged the feed ramp too but the bullets still will not make it into the chamber but get stuck on the way in...

Maybe some better magazines?

I`ve played with this thing for hours now..URRG!!

Another source of your problem might be the bolt closing, or lack of strength in the action of the bolt slamming home. This is a problem I had with my semi auto. Despite the fact that the gun has two springs trying to close the bolt, the whole bolt and Z shaped firing pin have quite a bit of friction in the design. I had to really polish the bearing surfaces of the firing pin and the channels in which it slides with some 400 and then 600 grit sandpaper to smooth things down. Then I no longer had any problems.

Hope this helps.

Dan

I know, I know; another ambulance chaser.

Dan99Hawk, it’s not likely your mag catch and I seriously doubt that replacing it will help. There are many possibilities here, most of which require professional service. It sounds like you have done all you can, let a pro have it for a while, then you can enjoy it for years to come.