Lanchester Mk 1*

Well, the "theft" of photos is endemic in the interweb world. Just go google a model and you will see a "photo" section. those get pulled from the google world, and if you read the fine print, the google devils "own" them ..... I have seen a number of my pictures in searches over the years. Look at it this way - they don't say where they really come from, ( your house) and if some sorry SOB sitting in his Mom's basement in his underwear playing on the 15 YO MAC wants to impress everyone with "his" gun - Meh. I can go to the vault and actually handle and shoot them. He is just a poser.

I find that humorous. Essentially the entire internet is made up of other people's stuff, rarely ever the actual owner is putting it up for display. Real estate photos, other peoples body image, anything on a social media site becomes property of the site and not the contributor. Music is rented to your account it is not actually yours even if you think you own it after paying money. A little company called amazon posts photos and prices of stuff they don't own and rarely even touch when sold, and people assume it's the property of amazon when they send them money.

Most of the internet is filled with people making outlandish claims, which fortunately for them are very difficult to prove or disprove. One thing anyone rarely claims to own is massive debt, yet it's most common?

Besides my interest in firearms, I am also known as a collector of historic Western art. For example, I have a pair of paintings that once hung in a Texas whorehouse. I'm waiting for pictures of those to appear on the internet.

Several years ago I purchased a painting from an art dealer in San Francisco. A few month later, someone contacted me to sell the the painting that I had already bought. He pulled the picture from the art dealer's website. Now he was trying to fraudulently sell the painting to me that was already mine. All I had to do was wire him the money, and he would ship the painting to me.

Last month I saw another painting being advertised for sale. I knew that painting. It belonged to a friend and fellow art collector. I asked him why he was selling the painting. It was news to him. What we think happened is that someone pulled the picture of the painting from the website of the auction house that originally sold the painting. This was another attempt to defraud someone.

It is one thing to pull a picture from a website for a non-nefarious purpose, but it is an entirely different story to pull a picture to be used as part of a scheme to defraud.