Ordering A Replica Thompson

On 15 March 2005 I ordered A Replica/Dummy Thompson from " Hunter's Lodge Corp" in Ethridge ,TN.

My credit card was charged that day!

Since then I have been trying to get either the replica or a refund. Numerous phone calls have produced neither.

Has anyone had the same problem with these people and does anyone have any suggestions on where I can go to get satifaction? I have emailed Shotgun News but have had no response from them.

I agree with Lancer. Despite the problems of credit cards, one good thing is that they are good about refunding fraudulent transactions. Unfortunately, you should have made the claim within a certain time limit, maybe within several months. I'm sure it is too late now.

You could contact the Attorney General of that state and hope others have made complaints also. I was once cheated by an out of state gunsmith, who made semi conversion to the 1919. I had nearly $700.00 in parts an labor, tied up with the crook. Because several others were also cheated, the Attorney General acted pretty fast. Best of luck.

Jebt--

I was curious about what they sold and actually gave the company a call. I did reach someone and made inquiries about their replica Thompson. He said he didn't sell the ones from partkits, but had the solid resin ones. Did you order the resin replica for 149.95? He said they were currently out of stock. Were you able to reach anyone when you called?

Last call was today. Talked to a worker in the shop. He said no one else was there and he didn't know who owned the co.

From what they have told me in previous phone calls, they were swamped with ordersfor, I assume resin replicas. Evidently they are imported, they say they expect more but aren't sure when.

My problem is the way they charged my VISA before they shipped the order and when they didn't even have the product to ship. This is dishonest in my opinion.

I plan to keep calling, luckly I have unlimited long distance, as otherwise the long distance charges would be more than the refund.

Next gun show I'll see if that English firm has dummy guns. Pricy but you pay the money and carry the dummy out with you.

I'm just stuborn enough and am retired that I may go camp on their doorstep!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Hunter's Lodge has a long track record of this sort of thing...piss-poor customer service, mis-advertising (false advertising? bait-and-switch?) IMHO your best bet would be to cancel your order in writing with Hunter's Lodge and then contact your credit card company and dispute the charges for a credit to your account.

You can dispute a charge regardless of whether you paid your CC balance or not- Do it and let Hunter show they had the merchandise to sell the day they charged you for it and delivered it in a reasonable time (generally accepted to be within 30 days) and forget about it.

Mark