MP-34 bolt on GB

MP34 bolt, not MP 30. P30 bolts are much longer as are firing pins.
Plenty of MP34 bolts available but MP 30 bolts are now unavailable anywhere. Europeans are cutting the boltfaces off of the MP30 bolts and other types to destroy them. These destroyed bolts can be legally shipped to the US as they are no longer restricted overseas.
Few in europe will ship good bolts and other such parts to the US anymore for fear of the export laws.

Not mine but it might be of interest here

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/851393649

Should I be raising the price of our MP-34 bolts?

https://www.apexgunparts.com/mp34-bolt-complete-good.html

BTW, we are sorting our MP-34 parts pallet, we ran across a couple of top covers with a slider in front of the rear sight that appears to be a bolt hold open catch?

Anyone seen one of them before?

Richard

I think your bolt at apex is a mp30 bolt. The 34 bolt I think should have 2 horizontal cuts in the top for that top cover safety

Any 9mm parabellum barrels in the new parts group ?

Id take one of those top covers. Most likely youd have the other style bolt with them too.

Edited by huggytree

I think your bolt at apex is a mp30 bolt. The 34 bolt I think should have 2 horizontal cuts in the top for that top cover safety

Any 9mm parabellum barrels in the new parts group ?

Id take one of those top covers. Most likely youd have the other style bolt with them too.

Since these MP-34's are MG kits imported well after the 2005 barrel ban we don't have any barrels.

These have been setting on pallets in our warehouse for several years.

We are handling ALL the parts now to create restock for the web site.

In this process we are finding some "bits" we didn't see when they first arrived.

Please watch the web site for these additions.

Richard

Why does the apex bolt not have the 2 cuts on top?

I have one of the apex bolts already. Shorty w no cuts on top

Doesnt it need those 2 cuts for the top safety to work ?

Teach me master yoda

Here to learn

The pic is great. Thanks for sharing

Edited by huggytree

You post a lot on this site and ask a lot of questions.My comment above to you about what you "think" is true was in response to your comment that you "think" the bolt pictured is an MP30 bolt when a few posts above I had taken the time to answer your questions and inform you that MP30 bolts are longer than MP34, and other current and pertinent information about them. What's the point of my effort to provide accurate info if you ignore it and then make erroneous statements. Plus you have an MP34 bolt in your possession as an example!

Here's the point: with that info immediately in the thread, you then post that you think the bolt pictured is an MP30 bolt. Sorry, but this is just confusing and annoying.

Here's some perspective on my current experience with MP30s. Due to the extreme difficulty locating any useable MP30 bolts for sale for guns missing them that are owned by my customers, I am removing the damaged, small OD front ends of MP30 bolts imported from europe, removing the front ends of currently plentiful, good MP34 bolts and welding them onto the bodies fo the MP30 bolts. MP34 firing pins are lengthened to correctly fit the much longer bolt. Although unlikely to happen, until useable MP30 bolts appear on the market this is one solution, not cheap, but fills the gap. Now you are up to speed with the extent of my involvement with these guns. FWIW

to add a little more confusion both long and short bolts were used in MP30's. The length of the bolt is determined by caliber, not by originality. More potent calibers such as .45 required the use of the longer bolt to increase the mass of it and nothing else. All MP30's with the larger magazine port (which may be all I've ever seen) were setup to sell in multiple calibers. You can't run 45 and 9mm with the same recoil spring and expect the gun to hold up. Increasing the mass of the bolt makes up for the difference in energy between the two cartridges without any other mods. Most of these other calibers utilizing the heavier bolt are either obscure or were never sold in large quantities which is why "long" bolts are tough to find. 9mm luger ended up as the benchmark and 97% of the guns are in that caliber today and many of the original long bolts were lost/ discarded. Welding and cutting bolts must be frustrating when you find out it's likely unnecessary? LOL HTH