1927-a1 Rear Site

I am the owner of a SA 1927-A1 with a problem. I read this Forum daily, but have not posted in a long time since mine is SA. I hope you guys can help.

About a month ago, I was shooting the gun and the rear site flew off. Fortunantly, I found all the parts and pieces. What it appears to be is that the screws holding the rear site will not hold it in place. I thought about using red Loctite, but I don't think that is a permanent solution. The best solution seems to be riveting the rear site in place. My question is what rivets should I use since there is not much clearance when the bolt retracts. I have some of the copper rivets with the flat heads that is used for leather belting. Would this be the type to use?

I am sure some you guys have had this problem with the Kahr gun in the past, so what is your recommendation to properly install the rear site? Your kind assistance is appreciated.

I don't think copper will hold it in place very well at all. I'd suggest PK for the correct permanent solution, or try putting the screws back in with locktite (though if they are loose you might have to redrill and use the next size up). I had the old hollow rivets on my gun and they failed after a while, then I drilled and tapped the holes and put screws in, working fine after many rounds.

Dan

Thanks for the information guys. I think I will try the red Loctite first and see if that solves the problem.

After I reinstalled the screws into the receiver, they did tighten up, so the holes were not stripped out. I will have this done today. Thanks Again!!!

I've used red locktite on mine, still came loose after about 250-300 rounds. So, last time it happened I did the locktite thing again, torqued them down well, then used a puch to stake the screws in place.... 500 rounds later it's still on there nicely.

Something that will hold better than locktite is to use JB weld. Clean where the sight mounts to the receiver and the underside of the sight - with alcohol. Apply JB weld to the screws threads and some on the underside of the sight and screw down. Make sure you have the bolt out of the gun. Wait about 3 days for it to set up. Its now perfect, but will hold until you get tired of doing it and send the gun to PK.

I really appreciate everyones comments!!! I have used the red loctite and staked the screw so far. I will give this a try and the try Ron's method to permanently make the rapair; send it to PK.

Again, thanks for the help.

ABWEHER,

I RECENTLY HAD MY 1927A1 REAR SIGHT PROBLEM FIXED BY PK WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS. I HAD TRIED ALL THE SUGGESTED FIXES,AND THEY WORKED FOR A SHORT TIME ONLY BEFORE I HAD TO SEARCH ON MY HANDS AND KNEES FOR MY SIGHT AGAIN. I BET IF YOU E-MAIL HIM ,HE WILL DESCRIBE FOR YOU HOW HE DID IT FOR ME. GOOD LUCK!

REISINGSTAR http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif