Buying Ammo For The Tommy

O.K. guys it's time for me to restock the ammo supply for my '28. Where is the best buy right now for new .45acp FMJ lead ball ammo? I could use 2 or 3 thousand rounds. I used to get reloads from Maine Cartrige but I believe they upped their prices and minimum order to 10K rounds per order, I prefer using new anyway... any decent prices out there anywhere?

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif Mike Hammer

At gun shows, I have found Fiocchi and Federal (red box) at $185 per case (1,000). Wally mart has Winchester for $20 per 100 or about $200 per case. I have had good luck with Fiocchi, Fderal, Speer Lawman, Winchester and even Wolf, but I would not use Wolf exclusively.

I got a good deal at a local gun show. 1000 round case of Mag Tech 230gr ball for $150. Good stuff but it was a one time deal though. Also got 1000 rounds of 9mm for $95. All brass cased boxer primed NIB.

You can find S&B for about $165-$175 per 1000 at gun shows. I use this alot and have had no problems. I worked a deal with my local dealer and I get it at his cost now. Of course I have to take my Thompson's to him every now and then for him to sit on his counters and let others gaulk at them. It brings the customers back and I get a good deal.