Creating a 3D CAD model of the Sten Gun

Hi everyone

A few years ago, I created a full 3D CAD model of the M1928A1 from a set of original but rather poor quality set of engineering drawings and I had some great assistance from people on the Thompson SMG section of the forum. It seems to have been archived and I can't find a link to it

If you check out my Grabcad profile, there's also an M1911A1 model you can download

You can down load the full model free from Grabcad.com in STEP or IGS formats and load the files into any 3D CAD software you have.

https://grabcad.com/library/m1928a1-thompson-sub-machine-gun-1

It's a couple of hundred hours work available for ZERO green!

So..........

I would like to model the Sten gun, which should be a considerably more modest challenge, however, the reference material available is dubious so I'd like some help from any willing owners of Sten guns and in return, you'll get free access to my 3D CAD files for any builds you have planned.

Mostly, I'll be asking for good photographic reference and some dimensions.

The first thing I'm after is any good photographs you might have of the receiver cup and specifically any detail or dimensions you have of the dogs that engage in the slots at the rear of the receiver tubing.

Cheers

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Completed Sten model from the David S Findlay book

Still needed to tweak a few things. The magazine follower was very tricky to model

Message me for further information if required

KbmO7de.png

LMnKaz4.png

xa5Vgu3.png

aRHx557.png

0pyUxO6.png

e9ZiBHD.png

Edited by mattsta