FM 23-40 Model 1928-A1 & TM 9-215 Thompson

• 9 months later...

Can someone point me towards a source (preferably a free download) of an electronic version of TM 9-215?

A search on this forum for "9-215" came up with no results...and yet here is this thread with "9-215" used in the topic and in the body. Go figure. Clearly I am not searching this forum effectively, so perhaps someone better at that than I am can poin tme along my way.

What other service manuals are available for the M1 and M1A1? Specifically I am looking for what we would now call a -23&P on these models. More advanced maintenance procedures as well as parts diagrams and lists of part nomenclature and part numbers. I realize they probably weren't using MAC charts and RPSTL's in the 40's; but anything similar to that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Gould

Gould,

Your search parameter probably did not include a sufficient date range to include the thread that you later found on your own.

ORD SNL A-32 has the parts diagrams and lists. There is a Base Shop Data manual for upper echelon maintenance.

I have not scanned in FM 23-40, TM 9-1215, or TM 9-215 due to their length. TM 9-1215 applies to the M1928A1. They might be available in the Small Arms Review archive.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com