New video of my M3A1

I hope you guys enjoy.

One question. Do the 9mm conversions from Indianapolis run well? They sell the barrel, bolt, and mag adapter. Would love to buy it if so.

Anyways, heres the video. Lot of talking. Fast forward to 7:00 of you want to see shooting.

Thanks!

Edited by michaelkih

Damn you. Now I must have one for my collection.

Also subscribed to your channel. YouTube is in the wrong here.

Edited by GaryKeim

Nice video

Looks clunky

Mine is in nfa jail and I only shot it twice. But I thought it was horribly clunky with that monster bolt . Its a very basic weapon kinda like a sten. Trigger feels very sten like

Think you could hit anything at 50-100 yards ? With a Thompson I know I could. With a gg I dont think so

A fun piece of history though

Edited by huggytree

Is it really much different from the MP-40, except for the weird thumb-driven actuator? I do think the re-loading sequence to be rather long.

What was the first SMG to have a stamped & welded receiver?

Is it really much different from the MP-40, except for the weird thumb-driven actuator? I do think the re-loading sequence to be rather long.

Mp40 anyone can pick up and blow the center out of a target. Almost 0 learning curve. Smooth as could be. Trigger is light and smooth. A mp40 is one of the best/smoothest subguns there is.

My experience with a M3a1 is very limited right now. Im sure with practice you get used to the clunky bolt

Very different gun. The MP40 is far better. I filmed my MP40 that same day but wont be releasing that video for probably a couple months.

Guess Im biased as I think the M3 is better. The MP40 has nearly double the parts of an M3 or M3A1, the stocks are normally loose/wobble and the smooth but plate is a joke. Ive shot a few MP40s and wasnt that impressed with them. I personally can shoot circles around MP40s but then again I put 8,000 or so rounds a year out of my M3....got the awards to prove it.

Btw I planning on having a redo of the Thompson, M3, MP40 duel at the TCA show and shoot next month. We will see how that turns out. I will follow the course of fire designated by the Army back in the 1940s

Very Few here shoot 1 FA 8,000 rounds a year. Many dont shoot 8,000 a lifetime out of 1 gun

You need to compete against someone who is equally skilled with their mp40

Mp40 has less kick, smoother trigger, heavier/ front heavy, adjustable sights, less clunky bolt, action smooth as glass

If you win its because of you , not the gun

Toss your gun to a newbie and let him do the mp40/gg test

Wonder how many rounds a gg can take before the back welds break ?

Gg is a cool gun. Im lucky to own one. But it reminds me of a sten in how basic it is. The trigger is very similar. Not a good trigger, just a trigger with the least amount of parts in it to function.

Edited by huggytree

Putting the conversion in is like night and day. I didn't do it side x side, but that's a great idea.

Of course the argument is academic, because if I'm really shooting to win I bring an MP5 and leave the others at home.

Once again, nice video. At some point most MG videos will be deleted from utube, it's just part of the leftist manifesto to control the narrative.

Since I own both like several others on this board, guess I can weigh in on this subject. The 9mm MP40 is very smooth and a dream to shoot, however I like the sights better on the "crude" grease gun. The grease gun just chugs along and I can hold steady on the target. I can easily do single shots on both weapons but love that .45 Automatic Colt Pistol round. If you forced me to choose between the MP40, Greaser, or Thompson, would take the M3a1. Of course I would ditch the M3a1 for a M2 Carbine and ditch the Carbine for a M16A1.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate your commentary. I have an M16A1 and MP-40 in jail. I’m trying to decide on my next acquisition, between the following choices:

- M3A1

- MP-44

- H&K FA sear (have multiple FA-ready hosts; HK-33, G3, MP-5)

When I went thru training at Fort Knox in 1978 we had a mix of M3 & M3A1 SMG's.
My first duty assignment was at Fort Carson (January 1979) and I became the B company assistant armorer.
We had all M3 Grease Guns and 1911A1's that had been rebuilt at ANAD in the mid 1970's.
I didn't handle any M3A1's until I arrived in Germany late in 1980.
In the B & C Company arms room we had 2 Grease guns for each tank and I think the M88A1 recovery vehicle and the M113's each had one.
We had very few M16A1 rifles., I never even qualified with one until I changed over from Armor to Signal Corps.
I always enjoyed range time with the Grease Gun and found it to be quite controllable.
In Germany at that time we could not shoot .45's as all we had was combat stocks of ammo, no rounds for training.
AT Fort Carson during Tank Gunnery I got to fire one of the M3's from the loaders hatch at infantry silhouettes while on the move!
Even had a reload, and most important I didn't shoot holes in the sponson boxes on the side of the tank!
I bought my M3 from Bob Landies, its a re-wat.
That is before APEX bought all his Grease gun parts!

Richard

Edited by APEXgunparts

I appreciate your commentary. I have an M16A1 and MP-40 in jail. I’m trying to decide on my next acquisition, between the following choices:

- M3A1

- MP-44

What does your gut tell you? Really depends if you are trying to complete a collection such as subguns used in WW2 by the U.S or rarity or trying to predict future value. Since I have a shooter grade M3A1, I would want the MP-43. The downside on the MP43 from what I see are magazine and parts are skyrocket expensive.

- M3A1

- MP-44

A transferable M3A1 will be tough to find, and expensive, few transferables in the registry unless you count Medea's, but I don't. MP44's are nice, great on the wall, and collectible, but not much for shooting once you've done it a few times. All three, if nice, are similarly priced. I'd opt for the sear, especially since you have hosts. It's awesome to have choices!