Hello all,

I have been researching the history of the BAR for a while now and have been gathered information on part markings, manufacturer differences, etc. However, the only way I will be able to gather some information is if I can study the actual firearms. Given that this task is very time consuming and costly I was wondering if my fellow BAR enthusiasts would be willing to participate in a study. This is a great way to show off your baby and further our knowledge base.

Basically, what I would like are pictures of any part markings, piece marks, proof stamps, and part pictures in general. Obviously, original and non-rebuilds are preferred but a marking is a marking and will gladly study anything that comes my way. Much like the M1 Garand, these parts changed over time with different numbers and manufacturer differences and I would love to put this information together.

PM with questions and we can get the ball rolling. I have seen a few great photos on this forum already but I will not use them without permission. Thank you in advance.

Rock in a Hard place is a fantastic reference but has little on part markings, manufacturing, part changes etc. His chapter, Treatise on BAR parts is interesting but is far from a complete work. What I have read on other forums, there was supposed to be another book on what I would like to see but he sadly the author passed away prior to completion. I would think somebody would finish his work but perhaps not.

I grant you the right to use any and all photos I have posted.... especially if it can help figure out the peculiar markings on my m1918 Winchester.

Great state, about thirty years ago I used to out to Guernsey to evaluate the National Guard units that trained there.

I have a number of BAR parts, send me a PM with which pieces you need photos of and any details you are interested in.