Thompson C-Drum For Sale on GB-Listed as Original

Almost. This pouch held the mess kit, fork, spoon and knife. The bacon can was packed inside the knapsack. At least in WWI. I think the bacon cans were dropped after that. As much as troops complain about K rations and C rations I would still think its better that salt pork and dried bread!

Ron

Almost. This pouch held the mess kit, fork, spoon and knife. The bacon can was packed inside the knapsack. At least in WWI. I think the bacon cans were dropped after that. As much as troops complain about K rations and C rations I would still think its better that salt pork and dried bread!

Ron

So this was the original "Tactical Bacon", pre-dating the stuff CMMG sells by 75 or so years? Learning all kinds of things on this Board.

• Upvote 1

Interesting that the serial number on the cover plate is "661". Before Gordon passed, he gave me a disc with all of the info that he was putting in his book(s). In the "L" drum section, he listed 661 as a complete unti belonging to "Duane, Nebreska". Strange that a mis-matched drum would show up on Gunbroker with a "661" cover plate. Then maybe he made a mistake or corrected it later? In any case, the guy running the auction said that of all the auctions that he had ever run, this one has had the most questions by far.

Looking at one of my drum pouches, and low and behold, it's the same pouch, with a shoulder strap. I new it was not a actual drum pouch when I got it in a box of stuff years ago. just never knew what it was.

Full Auto 45,

What you have is one of the CC type drum carriers that are used by the people that work for Colt Chopper carrying his C&L drums around to shows and all. You can see these in use on the History Channel's program; Baby Face Nelson & Me coming out I think, this Spring. In the program it shows Mrs. L. Gillis showing 5 young ladies the proper etiquette when carrying these at shows. It's a different program for a lot of people.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...