It's unanimous .... Barretts are fun !

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 emmagee1917

emmagee1917

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1951 posts
  • Interests:All USGI WW2 firearms and acc.

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:39 PM

This has been a good month . At the 1st thereof , my nephew and his wife came down for a visit , havn't seen them for near 12-13 years . We made a couple of day long trips to the range and we took the M82A1 out . Just plinking , don't you know . We shot from 100 yards to way out there ( 2-21/4 second fly time ) . The three of us went through about half a can of spotter tracer . 

He went back home , then along came Memorial day . Went out with about 8-10 friends and shot . The Barrett went along . All but one tried her out , including a couple of teenagers and a wife . Heck , even a couple of strangers tried a shot or two . Target was a rock about chest sized at 550-600 yards . It's a bit smaller , now .Went through the other half can of spotter / tracer , so about 150 rounds this month . No one thought it was painful nor would they turn down another chance .

Again , if you have the means and a place to stretch it's legs , I highly recommend you get one .

Chris 

#2 50 Shooter

50 Shooter

• Regular Group
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:29 PM

Sounds like you had some fun shooting out in the desert. I always find it better than going to the range as there's no RO's to bug you and you can shoot as far as you want.

I don't go out to Yuma as much as I used to but I would bring some ammo with me if you want to go out to Adair sometime.

#3 Adg105200

Adg105200

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:Ww2, Thompsons & many other guns, hunting, fishing, tools, woodworking

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

Sounds like great fun! It is on my guns-to-get list, but not too many places around here to push the distance unless you know someone with property like a farm willing to let you shoot.

Andrew

#4 emmagee1917

emmagee1917

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1951 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

We go to an ex-military range around here . I have only been to Adair twice in the last 20 ( or so ) years . Someone went out to the metalic silhouette range with a 50 and shot it up , building , targets , it was a mess . They ( the club leaders of the ranges , I belonged to about 3 clubs at the time ) came into my business and told me what happened . I thought they were going to hit me up for donations , raffle sale space , something like that that I could help out with . They said I had a 50 . I said yes ( most there knew that already ) . They said I was banned from the range and from all the clubs from then on until I no longer had a 50 . I knew they knew it was not I that did the damage , but they didn't care . I have not had anything to do with the clubs nor the range after that day .

Chris

#5 50 Shooter

50 Shooter

• Regular Group
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:00 PM

Wow, that's messed up, can't believe that they just banned you like that. No proof whatsoever that you were involved and told you to GTFO!

I dont blame you for not wanting to go back, ever! Talk about owing you an apology, what a bunch of asshats.

Anyway, we'll have to run out some day and do some shooting.

#6 emmagee1917

emmagee1917

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1951 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

This has been a good year for good shooting weather . It is just starting to get hot . We will be active again in the fall .

Chris