Here are some good close ups, that my pal Sheriff Ernie Hudson took, of the recovered Dillinger 351 in Tucson AZ, 1934. It's converted to full auto and according to them still in working condition. Dillinger group had a couple of these as well as other 30s outlaws like Baby Face Nelson.

I've posted these before, but since you just got one, here they are again.

OCM

351 Tucson.png

Edited by OCM
  • Upvote 1

Nice seeing all the others interested in the 1907. David is right, I have had about a dozen or so in the past few years. This January, I had eight of them at the Louisville gun show. I'm down to two or three now. I picked up two from a police department when I bought their M1 Thompson. I was not familiar with them at the time and they had two "hanging" on the wall since the 40's or early 50's. I got them in a package deal. I have one packed up and ready to ship out to a gentleman in Pa. this week.

I am going to keep my two from the PD in the condition they got them. I have a couple of the stock five round mags and a couple of the ten rounders.

I also have two of the 1910's in .401. One is mint, the other.........not so. I may take the ugly one hunting this year.

Here is a link to look up the year of your 1907. 1907 Dates

Here is the link for 1910's. 1910 dates

I'll post some pics of some of my better ones.

Full auto 45 is correct on that, sorry- Henwood lists the last production for 1907 as 3938. Then final for 1908 as 15268. ( from The Winchester Handbook by George Madis ) . Gets confusing to me sometimes on start & stop dates.

Now that ammo is available, makes it a nice weapon. Very under-rated.

OCM

I really like the photos of the Dillinger .351! Thanks for posting them. I wonder if Dillinger did the gunsmithing work on the rifle or if some unknown (at least to me!) gunsmith did the f.a. conversion, the attachment of the TSMG vertical foregrip, and the installation of the compensator? The comp looks familiar, but I can't place it! I don't think it was an option on the 07, was it? Was the s/n of the rifle traced to the original customer? Maybe that would provide a clue to who did the 'smithing work. . . Sorry to be so curious the technical stuff -- who did the conversion, how it was done, etc.

Hyman S. Lebman did the conversion in his basement shop in San Antonio, Texas. The front was a saddle/leather shop. He also made the Colt mini submachine guns for the Dillinger group.

Go to the HS Lebman gunsmith to the outlaws on this forum-subject area, lot of stuff on him and his work.

OCM