1928 Bridgeport For Sale

I have talked to a seller of a very nice Bridgeport 1928 that has a lot of extras with it including a Auto Ord. L Drumw/pouch and an Auto Ord. C drum, several new in the wrap mags and some other accessories. Here are some of the pics he has sent me. He's got a bid of $18,500.00 and would consider the highest bid over $20K. I don't think he's being unreasonable but I can't afford it..so I'll try to pass this along to the Board members. His appraiser has it rated at 90% - 95%. If anyone wants his numbers or e-mail you can contact me..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Hawkeye/28Bridge.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Hawkeye/28Bridge1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Hawkeye/Cdrum.jpg

if the gun is as browned as that drum,it looks like a refinish is needed,at the asking price..its seems okay.no bargain.just what everybody else is asking...

it's sad to say,i have seen so much junk,reused krap lately for sale.patina, rusted,pitted.worn out,loose fitting gun's and parts....it seems because of price jump in past two to three year's...everything is poping out of the woodwork......to be resold at far more then it was ever worth just five years ago.....somebody tell me i'm nut's!!

remember thompson's nice shape $5,000.00 mp-40's real nice $2,500.00,mg-42,$10,000.00,heck a nice bar was $5,000.00.and a complete 50 cal set-up was $5,000.00

as far as it look's...it will be the old guys who bought years ago,keeping stuff.and the really rich!!

because not many can afford to start a m.g.collection today.......and just twenty five years ago.the rojak collection was $250,000.00.......now long split up....today a kool 3 mill...

common collector's not anymore.

the funny /sad thing is...at one time you could have twenty colt's....and only have $100,000.00 out of pocket.and still afford to eat,drive nice car's and have a great house....now that same money> gets you maybe three gun's.drivin a beat -up pick-up.and livin in a van by a river!! wink!!

hopefully the madness will continue.........till the colts go for $100,000.00 each....then you will see mortgage for thompson's...ha-ha....the sickness continue's..

i just had a guy offer me a mg-42 for $40,000.00.i cringe at the thought of taking a $40,000.00 gun out and runnin a belt through it.maybe blowin it up....part wear.finish mark's...well thats just me...

anybody wanna shoot my ayf-43 mp-40....cheep!!wink!!

have fun folk's.thats all we have left......take care,ron

if the gun is as browned as that drum,it looks like a refinish is needed,at the asking price..its seems okay.no bargain.just what everybody else is asking...

From all the pics and close-ups tha gun itself looks in excellent condition I have other pics ..I just didn't post them ..both drums do look a little the worse for wear.. I'm not a drum expert so .. ..... he thinks the C drum has the nickel silver spring, don't know what that means really....I have no vested interest in this gun except to pass on what info I can so someone here can get a nice '28.

QUOTE (Hawkeye_Joe @ Oct 29 2004, 02:20 PM)

From all the pics and close-ups tha gun itself looks in excellent condition I have other pics ..I just didn't post them ..both drums do look a little the worse for wear.. I'm not a drum expert so .. ..... he thinks the C drum has the nickel silver spring, don't know what that means really....I have no vested interest in this gun except to pass on what info I can so someone here can get a nice '28.

hawkeye i am sure some soon to be,well deserved thompson buyer will thank you for that....

maybe i sound like a old rag....just remember,i had the sweet stuff over the year's.....now i am schlocked into reality of the krap out there...that is selling....ask anyone who has ever bought fal's, ak's, thompson's, luger,p-38's and belt feed's and b.a.r.'s from me... and i won't even cover the amount of accessories..that would boggle the mind!!

i will just shut-up......

enjoy folk's enjoy!

take care,ron

but if that's the price for the whole package, it's probably fair in today's wild market.

I think we should all keep in mind the difference between a "fair price" and "fair market value" I believe the FMV of oil is ~51.00 per barrell but I dont call that a fair price.

Looks to be a beautiful 1921 Colt up today for 28K Also an overstamp at 28K. That may be the FMV but is it fair?. I dont know but I'm kicking myself I quiveled with the guy over a 15k Savage 28 with British proofs just 6 months ago and passed on an overstamp at 16K becuase I had just committed to a WH at 10K. Life isnt fair, market or not.

`FAIR` is what you go to and ride a big wheel and get dizzy and throw up...kinda like the feeling you get when you miss a deal on a Thompson... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

• 5 weeks later...