Gem-Tech Hvt-Qd On A Select Fire Bm59

rsgirdner

I received my Form 4 and picked up my BM59 about 3 weeks ago. Very happy with rifle. My question will I be able to install the Gem-Tech suppressor on the BM59? The Tri-compesator looks complicated. Will installing the quick connect adaptar harm my rifle? Will it function in full automatic with the suppressor?

The serial number of my rifle is X00006*, Is this an early made rifle? On the barrell by the op rod are some numbers, one looks like a date "1964" is this when my rifle was produced?

rsgridner - try and answer some of your questions, hopefully they will be correct. Your serial number is a very early one, the parts were brought to the USA from Italy by Bob Reese and assembled here, heel is marked Beretta, but on the side it should be marked Springfield. The op-rod with a date of 1964 was probably made in 64, but you have no way of knowing when the actual receiver was made. I'm a dealer and the first BM59's I got in (semi) were in 1982 for customers. I have never heard of anyone putting a suppressor on a BM59, let alone a FA. There is another board for the BM59's http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/forumdisplay.php?22-BM59-BM62-BM69-BM59E-and-other-Beretta-Garand-variants-Forum

and you might want to try asking there - I wish you luck. Lots of info on the tri-comp and the back pressure it creates for cycling the action. Good luck, Art