TCA Western Shoot Circa 2010

Near Kingman. The show and shoot was held in Oatman, just west of Kingman.

One year it was held in Chloride AZ.

Whenever we went it was held in Oatman, except the year that it was held in Chloride.

I met Mike Free at Chloride for the first time.

Some of the past attendees have since passed.

Doug Richardson attended a few of them.

Actually, the photo was taken in 2007...

Edited by fifthmdec

A couple of cups from various years. The Thompson Collectors Association was founded back east.

The show and shoots were held in Ohio. I do not recall if any were held in MD? Before my time in the organization.

The idea of a Western show and shoot was realized in the 1990s.

The Western show and shoot under the TCA are no longer held in AZ.

If there still is any Western Thompson collectors show and shoot, I am not aware.

The post sharing a 2012 Thompson collectors gathering, I am not familiar with.

There was talk of continuing the event in LV.

That did not pan out.

post-237-0-38770000-1614540534_thumb.jpeg

post-237-0-87593500-1614540548_thumb.jpeg

post-237-0-15954200-1614540564_thumb.jpeg

Edited by fifthmdec

I think it was around 1998 1999 Don Snowden was one of the guys who attended i sold him the Peru ,il. 1921AC

And a few guys who went bought accs. and Thompson stuff from me. I was invited. However never went like i was invited to many doings over the decades.I always did best not to go and bore people with stories and tales.{I can do that here } with no travel or expense.

Not sure how many are left from those pics anymore. And i am sure they had good times they did it for a number of years.I think the mail guy who held it got sick. and one lost his wife.

always a collectors dilemma real life creeps in.Hopefully most are still around.

it is always sad when you go into a box of 500 business cards, and toss out 400 that are gone. we all should be happy we are still around to enjoy the past posts and the enjoyment those guys had that day.RON K.

post-504-0-90564100-1614558118_thumb.jpg

I remember Don, he was our transfer dealer before we went into business for ourselves.

Gordon and Doug were fixtures at the TCA Western shoot for years. We first attended in 2001.

Don Hall put the work into getting the shows ready.

Good times. Unfortunately, enough of the past attendees are no longer with us. It was the golden age of Thompson collectors.

IMHO

Well I hope someone is putting names to faces for historical reference. Future books would be far better with names instead of Billy bob in the center and all others unknown. For those that remain, add your name to the photos if you will.

Semper Fi,

Sandman 1957

Sandman, I agree with adding names but there are some folk who prefer anonymity in this collectors hobby.

Completely understand. That's why I asked in a way that the individual add their name... implying if they wanted to. I normally keep my cards closer to the vest as well.