Buy My Mags (National Surplus) 25 round mag issues

Rekraps

Fellow forum members, I wanted to alert you to an issue with the above named vendor. I ordered four 25 round mags for my M14 from Buy My Mags. They arrived is quick order and looked great. The problem is that when I attempted to load them, right about the 15 - 17 round mark the follower would become wedged/stuck against the magazine wall and not move freely. I disassembled all four magazines and here is what I found:

• the phosphate finish on the interior of the magazines is rough, and under load of the magazine spring, creates friction against the followers' sides, thus binding the follower and not allowing the rounds to feed smoothly. I attempted to use a light coat of oil but the rough finish inside was to much.

Here is the rub. I contacted National Surplus and requested a RMA per their policy. It took them four days to reply and they noted that except for defective merchandise there is a 15% restocking fee. I returned the four magazines via USPS (tracking) and included a note that the magazines were defective. Eleven days later... crickets. I prodded them yet again (all documented emails) and they then asked me to give them proof of delivery (which I did). Three days later a refund, minus 15% was credited to my Visa account. Of course I disputed the refund and was immediately granted relief by Visa.

Lesson learned with this company; they are quick to take your money, but very slow to refund. And most importantly: THE 25 ROUND M14 MAGAZINES THEY SELL DO NOT WORK!

I am sure there are other suppliers out there who can fill the need.

Well, My experience with any aftermarket magazines...they are usually junk. The only exception (again in my experience) are the Korea-made 15 and 30 round M2 carbine magazines and their Sten mags. The Korean made magazines have a black-shiny finish that resembles paint.

Otherwise stick to original manufacture-surplus magazines. Buy once, cry once.