10mm Thompson?

OK, somebody out there besides me must remember the newspaper article about the FBI re-issuing Thompsons and "testing a new 10mm version from Auto Ordnance Corp" in the aftermath of the "Miami Shoot out." I know I read it somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it now. I know the 10mm mag is from the semi-auto version but I think some of the WH 1928 production during 1992 was 10mm. This is all I could Google so far:

Greg Fox

"AUTO ORDNANCE

Another 10mm carbine was created for the FBI for by AUTO ORDNANCE for the Thompson Sub-machine Gun. The Thompsons were taken from the FBI's own stock. Only a few were converted from .45ACP to 10mm. Apparently, a few 10mm models were manufactured for the public to test out the waters but sales were slow so large scale production did not follow. It would be great if someone would manufacture one, wouldn't it? "

Greg,

Your are not going crazy. I am sure you saw the reference to the FBI 10mm Thompson in The American Thompson Association (TATA) quarterly newsletter (2nd Quarter, 2008). Tracie has a picture of a FBI 10mm Thompson on Page 9 in the newsletter. I believe the 10mm FBI Thompson's were all converted guns, but AOC West Hurley did make some 10mm semi and full auto guns. There will be a full story of this 10mm Thompson in The Ultimate Thompson Book, due out in a few months.