Pics Of British Proof Marks?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 craig101

craig101

• Regular Group
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:41 PM

anyone got pics of the British lend/lease proof marks? the broad arrow/crows feet stamp.

someone has a savage 1928 and says it was a british gun and says it is british marked. I am going to look at it and want to know what to look for to see if it indeed is a lend-lease thompson.

thanks

Craig

#2 michael

michael

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:World War II Landing Ship Tank (LST's)
    firearms

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:26 PM

check this out

my thompson

I posted these pictures awhile back and there were some interesting comments. hopefully the link below will bring you to that old post.

Michael

#3 craig101

craig101

• Regular Group
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:09 PM

thanks, those pics help me out a lot! i had never seen that 3 footed stamp (crow foot) before, i had read about it, but never seen it. i wish i had my brothers digital camera, but i don't. maybe i will bring my 35mm camera for pics. and then scan them in and post them.

thanks!

#4 Mk VII

Mk VII

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:46 PM

I have number S-86612 which has the crown+W mark and the Bridgeport address. Right side of the chamber is a 3 and an unidentifiable mark which might be a poorly stamped crown. On the left side of the chamber is a Z.

#5 Balder

Balder

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:17 AM

Craig,

I am one "someone" with a Thompson with British markings - however it's not a Lend-Lease. The Lend-Lease Act
didn't come about before March 1941. Up until then the Brits were buying guns form whatever sources available, Canada and the USA in particular.

Balder