Value Of Wwii Savage M1a1

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 04 January 2004 - 05:37 PM

Balder, we Americans love our guns and it would be extremely unwise to assume any American is unarmed. blink.gif smile.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif Best Regards, Walter

P.S. I believe a commonly cited statistic on Americans who own firearms is that there are enough in private hands for every man, woman and child to have one, and then some!

#22 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 04 January 2004 - 11:16 PM

PhilOhio, I don't know, but that sounds good to me. It may serve to put our government on notice about just who is in control in this nation (certainly not our elected or appointed public servants)!! We only allow them to do our bidding, and when they get dirty, we replace them. This happens regularly on election day and, occasionally, when some of them are sent to the'big house!' ohmy.gif smile.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif Regards, Walter

#23 fifthmdec

fifthmdec

• Regular Group
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 02:30 AM

Guys,

All this is interesting. I just sold an M1 Savage made with a PD history for 12K last month. If you can find a WWII M1A1 transferble for 7-10 K, then you have got a connection or a widow that wants the firearm gone! I turned around and picked up a Pre May M1A1 for $5,400. Hell, I am looking for a Pre May 1928 and have one guy asking 9K and I saw a Colt 1921 overstamp for 10.5K, don't even know if it has a documented history. If I am spending 9K, I would rather get a MG 34 Pre May. I'll spend up to 7.5K for a Pre May 1928, but not 9k, no way! I'll hold out that I'll win the lottery to! As I am destined to earn it all through hard work...

#24 Bob

Bob

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:50 PM

If that 21 overstamp is the one my buddy just bought...from the gentleman in Idaho...It was from the Army of Guatemala and came home as a pre-86. Oh ya, it's sweet with history! He wants to put a comp on it and have it refinished in blue blink.gif I think I have him talked out of any permanent changes..but he's a speed freak too and will be looking for an actuator for Paul to cut soon! biggrin.gif

#25 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:26 AM

Balder, many, many, many, Americans own firearms! It is a right of passage over here! I've recently read statistics which indicate that there is at least one firearm in America for every man, woman, and child! Americans love guns, period. This is the future. Guns are good! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif blink.gif laugh.gif Regards, Walter