ONE YEAR!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 10 July 2003 - 01:22 PM

One year ago today I joined this Forum. I wish to thank Frank and Nick for having this wonderful site! And in that time, I've met some really nice folks, and I hope it continues. I'm also the first person in the history of Machine Gun Books to exceed 1000 Posts!! WOW, am I a windbag sometimes or what? Thank you all for making this site to what it is today!

#2 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 10 July 2003 - 02:27 PM

LIONHART,

Congratulations, I must say that you are one of the deepest wells on "Thompson SMGs" and "No frills -- Just the facts" type of guy on this board. The reason you have so many posts, is that you are always monitoring this site to see if someone needs a hand and if they do, you do your best to help out with a reply.

I for one am glad you're watching and hope you continue to monitor all of our questions and comments.

Thanks,
Jim

#3 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 10 July 2003 - 02:44 PM

Hey LIONHART,

How did you move your total amount of posts over to this new board? It's got me with just one post and listed as a newbee!!!! - I don't have near as many posts as you, but I used to have 50 to 60 posts and listed as a RKI Member.

#4 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:47 PM

Tommy Smg
Thank you for the kind words!
Just email Nick, and when time is available, he will add your previous number of Posts to your new account.

#5 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 11 July 2003 - 02:39 AM

Congratulations Devlin, you truly have been an inspiration to others and a great source of information on all matters Thompson. Speaking of your "just the facts" style; How did you upload your avatar? I don't know what I am doing wrong, or if it might be a glitch. Thanks, Walter

P.S. I can't possibly be alone in being dumbfounded and baffled. blink.gif

#6 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1701 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 10:33 PM

Congrats lionhart, we have all learned for you and many of the other fine members of the board.
You front grip went out today also. I'll be gone on a 4 day weekend starting thursday in case you or anyone emails.
Dan

#7 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 14 July 2003 - 11:06 PM

Devlin-- Congrats. That's some fine muzzle velocity. Glad we finally connected on the email. Always enjoy your posts. -- Ralph