Pete Townsend Thompson?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roger in AZ

Roger in AZ

• Regular Group
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:05 PM

I just finished watching the Who concert documentary The Kids Are Alright on cable and there was a scene with Pete Townsend shooting a Thompson. The scene went like this, Pete Townsend goes out in his back yard to do some trap shooting but instead of using clay pigeons he uses some of his gold records. Never the less he cannot hit the gold records using a shotgun then he picks up a Thompson with a L drum and blasts a gold record with it. My question is did Pete Townsend ever own a Thompson?

Thanks

Roger

#2 Ltcboy

Ltcboy

• Regular Group
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:39 AM

Sir---

As I am the world's number one Who fan,you stand corrected.It was not Pete Townshend in "The Kid's are Alright" documentary shooting the Thompson--it was the late Who bassist John Entwistle. He was an avid gun collector and he had huge collection.

#3 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:43 AM

I think Led Zepplin's TSMG collection had to be larger then.

#4 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:06 AM

No, Arthur, it was smaller! smile.gif I couldn't resist! blink.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif

#5 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:32 AM

Ltcboy,
You are correct sir!
That is Entwhistle's Thompson, which he and Kieth Moon whould raise hell with quite often!
Cheers, Zamm

#6 ThompsonCrazy

ThompsonCrazy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:19 PM

What is the story behind the Led Zeppelin scene with the TSMG's in the begining of The Song Remains the Same?????
Wolfman, Guy with no face......Any background???
Thanks