3 replies to this topic

#1 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3636 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:02 PM

i have been into it for 35 years now,even longer if i consider my first combat series mattel model........45 years..............and the years have flown.............i don't like the prices on them anymore,and the wheeling and dealing....and the b.s. around them tho.........the hype!!!

{to me it has degraded a good thing}
i always liked:
just the simple history,the gangster's, military use,postal use,and all the export's..............

and the "good old day's"

those will never return,and time marches on........only the few will know the good time's.............to the rest its just a commercial money making venture.............but thats the bizz......................

long survive> "the thompson gun"
and the few who enjoy it like i do............... take care,ron

#2 1921A

1921A

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:15 PM

Colt21A

Amen!

I too enjoyed it over the years. It was pure pleasure to track down a 21 and make a deal, but most of all, I loved the history behind them. I travelled all over the eastern U.S. looking for guns and accessories. It'll never be same again.

1921A

#3 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 13 January 2004 - 01:06 PM

Colt21a,1921A,...the good old days are what you make`em...even now.I may not have the years behind me,like you,but I enjoy Thompsons as much... for all those same reasons you mentioned. I still feel the excitement of inbound toys... I hope that never goes away..and shooting,cleaning,repairing...sharing the fun..History.KEEPEM`SMOKIN`,out. wink.gif

#4 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3636 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:33 AM

i will always enjoy "the moment"......................and still do......take care,ron