Buying Ammo For The Tommy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 780 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:43 PM

O.K. guys it's time for me to restock the ammo supply for my '28. Where is the best buy right now for new .45acp FMJ lead ball ammo? I could use 2 or 3 thousand rounds. I used to get reloads from Maine Cartrige but I believe they upped their prices and minimum order to 10K rounds per order, I prefer using new anyway... any decent prices out there anywhere?

wink.gif Mike Hammer

#2 fred

fred

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:My 1928AC, MGs in general, 1960's toys.

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:16 PM

At gun shows, I have found Fiocchi and Federal (red box) at $185 per case (1,000). Wally mart has Winchester for $20 per 100 or about $200 per case. I have had good luck with Fiocchi, Fderal, Speer Lawman, Winchester and even Wolf, but I would not use Wolf exclusively.

#3 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:06 PM

I got a good deal at a local gun show. 1000 round case of Mag Tech 230gr ball for $150. Good stuff but it was a one time deal though. Also got 1000 rounds of 9mm for $95. All brass cased boxer primed NIB.

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4626 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:15 PM

You can find S&B for about $165-$175 per 1000 at gun shows. I use this alot and have had no problems. I worked a deal with my local dealer and I get it at his cost now. Of course I have to take my Thompson's to him every now and then for him to sit on his counters and let others gaulk at them. It brings the customers back and I get a good deal.

#5 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:37 PM

Not sure if the sale is still on but check out http://www.natchezss.com/ for the American Eagle ammo in the red box (not clear plastic and blue band).

Great price for this brand of ammo.