Thompson Reproduction Item Lecture Available As Pdf Download

All,

Last month, at The American Thompson Association 2010 Show and Shoot, sponsored by the Hill family in Newark, Ohio, I presented a lecture on reproduction Thompson items. The subject of reproduction items in our hobby is one that has grabbed my interest in recent years, and I'm trying to do everything I can to inform others of the issues of this subject, and to document as many items as possible. That is why I spent over 40 hours putting together a lecture presentation on the subject, which was well received at the show and shoot.

I told everyone at the lecture that I would make the presentation available in some way. I considered printing it as a book, but that option is an expensive and potentially limiting medium. To continue the information flow on the subject, I have converted the Power Point file to a PDF file, and am making it available here for you to download, so that many others in the Thompson collector community may benefit from the information contained within. It's a 20 meg PDF file, converted down from the original 139 megabyte file. The good thing about this is that I can periodically update the presentation with new items and/or information, and make it a "living document."

This material is copyrighted, however I will allow its download (from this website) for personal use and reference. It is not to be reproduced and sold. A copy may be printed, if desired, for personal use only.

If you appreciate the presentation, and want to make a donation to support the website, feel free to do so via PayPal at my e-mail address listed below. A donation is not required for the download.

Please feel free to comment on the presentation. I hope you enjoy it, and that it fosters better understanding of the scope of reproduction items, and how they affect our specific community, and also the wider firearm and militaria collector communities.

Here is the link:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/dalbert/TATA/20...ture%202010.pdf

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

All,

Last month, at The American Thompson Association 2010 Show and Shoot, sponsored by the Hill family in Newark, Ohio, I presented a lecture on reproduction Thompson items. The subject of reproduction items in our hobby is one that has grabbed my interest in recent years, and I'm trying to do everything I can to inform others of the issues of this subject, and to document as many items as possible. That is why I spent over 40 hours putting together a lecture presentation on the subject, which was well received at the show and shoot.

I told everyone at the lecture that I would make the presentation available in some way. I considered printing it as a book, but that option is an expensive and potentially limiting medium. To continue the infomation flow on the subject, I have converted the Power Point file to a PDF file, and am making it available here for you to download, so that many others in the Thompson collector community may benefit from the information contained within. It's a 20 meg PDF file, converted down from the original 139 megabyte file. The good thing about this is that I can periodically update the presentation with new items and/or information, and make it a "living document."

This material is copyrighted, however I will allow its download (from this website) for personal use and reference. It is not to be reproduced and sold. A copy may be printed, if desired, for personal use only.

If you appreciate the presentation, and want to make a donation to support the website, feel free to do so via PayPal at my e-mail address listed below. A donation is not required for the download.

Please feel free to comment on the presentation. I hope you enjoy it, and that it fosters better understanding of the scope of reproduction items, and how they affect our specific community, and also the wider firearm and militaria collector communities.

Here is the link:

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Dave, Fantastic! Thank You!

Dave,

This is great info and in a great presentation. I did print off a copy but would be willing to buy it in book form. Thanks for people like yourself to take the time to put this info together that sets the Thompson community apart from the other gun folk. Keep up the great work.

Thanks

Frank

Well done David!

All,

I told everyone at the lecture that I would make the presentation available in some way. I considered printing it as a book, but that option is an expensive and potentially limiting medium. To continue the infomation flow on the subject, I have converted the Power Point file to a PDF file, and am making it available here for you to download, so that many others in the Thompson collector community may benefit from the information contained within. It's a 20 meg PDF file, converted down from the original 139 megabyte file. The good thing about this is that I can periodically update the presentation with new items and/or information, and make it a "living document."

Here is the link:

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Dave, Fantastic! Thank You!

Thank you very much for all the kind words about the presentation. As I stated previously, I think this is an important subject for our collector community, and I've made it a quest to document all the Thompson reproduction items that exist. If you have other items that should be considered, please feel free to forward the information and pictures to me.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...

For the newer members on the board, the link in this post is to an excellent presentation by David Albert to reproduction items, and how to identify them.

Well worth taking a look at, so I am BBT once again..

and here is a test for you...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1936-Thompson-Submachine-Gun-ORIGINAL-Catalog/284048653414?hash=item42229e7c66:g:hy0AAOSwPllfeKpL

Stay safe

Richard

Edited by rpbcps