John Dillinger

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4625 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 25 January 2004 - 07:57 AM

Your eyes are a lot better than mine. I see a spill or something splashed on the fender starting under the hat, where's the chic?

#22 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3471 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 03:38 PM

It is obvious that the photographer was trying too hard to make the photo vintage. The inclusion of the license plate date, the skimmer and the cropping, are something The IMF's Mr. Phellps would concoct for one of their back in time episodes. Although they would make the photo more grainy and faded. Since Devlin did not reveal the date of the photo until after I suggested it was circa 1970's, seems to support my initial impression about the women in the reflection.

But why would this guy Shaw want to take period B&W photos of this type in the 1970's anyway? Didn't he possess any actual period photos of himself with Dillinger? A close-up detailed shot of himself with America's Most Wanted holding a Tommy Gun would really be a collectible.

#23 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:29 PM

Arthur, many of the photos that I obtained in the Collection range from the thirties all the way up through the seventies. The majority however, are from a later period. When I posted the photo, I didn't get into all of the details, until asked. Why Shaw decided to take a vintage type photo remains a mystery. Perhaps he wanted something that reminded him of the good 'ol days! Anyway, it's a nice photo regardless of when it was taken.