M1 Wood

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brian

brian

• Regular Group
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 11:56 AM

how much of the m1 wood will fit on a new '27?
just the butt? or will it all fit?

#2 M1Brian

M1Brian

• Regular Group
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 02:30 PM

The only difference I am aware of is on the foregrip. The width of the mounting bracket changed from 1/2" to 3/4" at some point. If the grove in your foregrips either vertical or horizontal is 3/4" it should fit your newer gun. I'm sure someone on this board knows when the width changed.

M1Brian

#3 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 24 January 2004 - 08:41 PM

When WH ran out of surplus 1/2 grip mounts and figured they could save money by eliminating a milling machine operation.

not a definative anwser, but probly the truth. Know it was prior to 84 when my oldest WH was manufactured.

BB

#4 brian

brian

• Regular Group
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 08:58 PM

so if my front mount is 3/4" (which it is), then i could use all 3pcs of USGI wood?

#5 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 24 January 2004 - 09:30 PM

no, ALL GI forends have 1/2 slot. Early WH guns have 1/2 slot as they were made using surplus parts. when WH changed to the 3/4 grip mount no suplus forgrips would fit unless the forarm hanger was changed or forgrip was hogged out.

BB

#6 must

must

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:all Thompsons, M1 carbines, & early Mustangs

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:17 PM

I would change out that 3/4" grip mount & replace it with a G.I. 1/2" one. I had one break on my WHM1 & the forearm started to slide foreward. PK fixed this for me as well as a bunch of other problems. Hope this helps.