Thompson Gunshow Find -your Thoughts Please

Gentleman ( class3 dealer) at local gun show had a WWII 1928 model for sale. Here are the specifics. Had plain barrel w/ compenastor - no fins on barrel, horizontal forearm grip, and "L" type rear sight. Manufacture was Auto Ordnance. The finish was parked but a little thin. He was asking $16,000. The weapon overall was in good condition. Is this about right ?

Also, I picked up Tracie Hill's book "Thompson the American Legend" for $85 bucks.... Any comments folks ?? Thanks for the board Nick !!!

I would pass on that. It sounds like it has been reworked many a time. I think I've seen this one before. Sounds very familiar.

Tracie sales his book at his TCA show for $55. Signed.

Definitely high on the '28. They can ask and you can counter offer. Were they including a couple of Colt C drums? Guns of the type described appear to NOT be selling when offered in the $13,500 - $15,000 range on subguns, sturmgeweher, gunbroker, et al.

Regarding the Hill book. Which edition was it? The numbered, Limited Editions (of which there were only 300 printed) are more expensive than the standard edition.