23 replies to this topic

#21 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3455 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:16 AM

Koldt,
GiJive beat me to the punch. Experts abound on this board regarding minutiae on Colt's and WW II TSMG's, as well as Westy/Kahr TG's. Is it possible to make out the serial number on the Colt 21 on display at the RCMP HQ Museum? I would like to follow up on it. Remember in the movie "The Untouchables" when the RCMP Captain says to Elliot Ness, "I do not approve of your methods, Mr. Ness!" and Elliot replies, "Yah, well you're not from Chicago."

#22 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:The 98k rifle, MP-40 & 44; the Thompson.......reloading, HO scale military miniatures.......

Posted 27 July 2003 - 09:41 PM

Wonderful work on a wonderful piece; Have you thought about coming to Knob Creek rg, to meet other Tommy gunners, and shoot in some competion here in Ky ?.............jw

#23 koldt

koldt

• Regular Group
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 10:00 PM

jw- Yes it is definately on my vacation wish list. I have talked about it ever since reading my first MGN, now Small Arms Review. That was 1995ish and dreaming ever since.....

Arthur- I got a photo of the RCMP book that lists both of the serial numbers in the museum. As mentioned, absolutely new shape. Note the serial numbers listed.. And the number acquired by the RCMP...

user posted image

I will be travelling to Regina next month (8 hr drive) for a pistol match. I will try to get some photos of it in the museum display..
Hard to say if the one in the museum is the one in this photo, but it is identical so I am thinking yes..

#24 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3455 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 11:21 AM

Whoa! Great resource book. I was going to comment on the serial numbers until I looked at the top of that page and found it is all there. I wonder how Earl, Cox and other resale TSMG buyers missed out on these guys since these specimens were never transfered to private party collections. That would be too cool to post some pics of that Regina 21A Colt!!!!