Thompson Mgc Drum

Hello All,

I'm never been more interested in a message board than on this one.Such intelligent people and a great job by the creator of this site.Now on to my problem.I plan to convert my MGC to a cap firing one and hopefully the parts will make to me from the U.S. (I'm in Canada).Since 1998 a law has passed here in stupid land (Canada) that mentions that after 1998 NO REPLICA or anything ressembling a gun can make it through here.I just recently had a airsoft tommy seized by the big tough important customs officers(who probably overlooked some real weapons that passed by just to confiscate my ABS PLASTIC TOMMY).

Now i have a MGC Tommy that i purchased before the 1998 ban so i'm okayto keep it.It came with a twenty rd clip and a 50 rd drum without any internal parts.I was told i could get a real drum made from auto ordenance and that it would work.The problem is that no magazines higher than 5rds can make it through customs!!!!The one from auto ordenance is 10 rds.

Can i make my empty drum from mgc work if i buy parts or something to that effect?Is there anyone on this board that is from CANADA and could direct me???I just want to fire caps through the drum even if it's just a few rds.

Any help or advice appreciated!

Thank-you and god bless you all! and the tommy!

Mario

www.alcaponemuseum.com

Hi Mario, I got your email. I did have an MGC drum mag but it didn't have any internal workings either. They are out there, just very hard to find. Did you email MP40 (Mark) from this forum or that guy Roger who I told you about?

If you were able to find just the internal parts I'm sure you'd have better luck getting them through customs...to the untrained eye, they're just a bunch of metal parts aren't they http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Edited by Ben