#61 Lancer

Lancer

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1055 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(PhilOhio @ Feb 1 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Lancer @ Jan 30 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Oh...can you explain to me again the part about "unprovoked insults"?...

Happy to, Lancer. Unless somebody here takes a shot at me, I take no shots at him. I hope that's not too vague for you.

Only one guy here has a long, long, long record of taking those first shots; seems to live for it. I would call that "unprovoked".

I would call a person like that "offensive"...and a whole lot of other things, but it is hardly necessary to describe the obvious.

No Phil........what I want you to explain is why your little insulting rant, about me trying to promote civility on the board, is not exactly the same sort of "unprovoked insults" that you view as so intolerable. I took no shot at you....yet you took a cheap, unprovoked shot at me. Looks like a double standard to me but I'm sure you'll have some long winded explanation about why this is acceptable when you do it.

Edited by Lancer, 01 February 2008 - 06:04 PM.

#62 PhilOhio

PhilOhio

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 5903 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(Lancer @ Feb 1 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Phil........what I want you to explain is why your little insulting rant, about me trying to promote civility on the board, is not exactly the same sort of "unprovoked insults" that you view as so intolerable. I took no shot at you....yet you took a cheap, unprovoked shot at me. Looks like a double standard to me but I'm sure you'll have some long winded explanation about why this is acceptable when you do it.

Lancer, I took no shot at you whatsoever. Show me where????

...unless, in your mind, you misinterpreted some of my earlier comments as having been directed toward you, regarding the people who typically try to get in their misdirected two cents worth each time this stuff is intentionally started by the party in question. Is that what it's about?

Never intended any of it to be pointed in your direction...but as a matter of fact, you then sort of cast yourself in a role which you seem to think may fit the description... wink.gif ...or something or other.

Anybody who wants to "promote civility" on this board, or anywhere else, can start by getting their priorities straight; direct their displeasure at the intentional instigator(s) of incivility or problems in the world, not a reaction from the target. I have no patience or tolerance for the other kind of silly "civility promotion", which I described, and I stand behind what I said. Isn't this like the U.S. being guilty of something which caused the 9-11 attack? I know a lot of people, with rather mushy cerebral tissue, think this makes perfect sense.