- - - - -

Ebay Seller Says Mag Springs Solve 1927a1 Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:22 PM

Check this one out. Guy selling super-dooper kryptonite mag springs says they will solve most 1927a1 jamming problems!

Maybe he should be selling these to Kahr instead.

ebay mag springs

#2 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1249 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:02 PM

Interesting. He sure is a salesman! He has a bunch of MP40 stuff up for bid too. So, if these springs do work that good, why doesn't he sell them to Kahr, as you suggest, by the boatload, and semi-retire? Maybe he's on the level, but here's my question: Is there a "GI Spec" written for a 30-round mag spring???

#3 TommyGunner

TommyGunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:The Tommy Gun (duh)
    Fedora Linux
    Hunting

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:49 PM

Geeze what'l it be next! And to think I have been deburring internals, polishing feedramps and headspace jobs when all I needed was a mag spring? Live and learn. biggrin.gif

Damon

edited in retrospect.

#4 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:01 AM

He's obviously full of it. The spring isn't stong enough to feed a semi but will feed a full auto cycling at up past 900rpm with an M1 bolt or faster with a 21. I'd like too see the guy with the improved recoil springs so you don't bust a gut trying to draw the bolt back incoperate and start selling those. I'd take one for each WH quick.

BB

#5 Ben

Ben

• Regular Group
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:17 AM

I've emailed this guy about the parts he's making for the MP40. Seems a genuine enough guy..